Jump to content

Sequences hesitates


Max-Paul
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have 5 musical seq. and 6 introduction seq. set up as musical seq. The audio levels were a a mess between the audio files. So, ran each one of them through Audacity to get the levels about the same. This all seems to have gone well. Went and played the sequences to check the resulting sound levels.

Now here is the problem. Now I am seeing a repeating cycle where the lights just freeze and the sound continues. Each freeze up last for about 1 second. Then the lights start to work again for another 20 sec. or so.

Fortunately I made a different folder to keep my older files in while testing out these files. So, it's not the end of the world and I can keep limping along on the older files. But sure would like to tidy up my files some. And used the audio files that now have volume level that are the same between files.

Does anyone know what I did wrong. I used the compression or amplify effects. BTW does anyone know what the .lpx files are?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure this is the answer Max, but I've seen that type of thing before. It happened with my previous PC when using the sequence editor. (But I never saw it with a show.) When playing the file in the sequence editor with the move grid with play option checked it would happen when the grid would re-draw itself as the sequence played. Unchecking the move grid with play would solve it. The new PC is fast enough that it doesn't happen any more. Hope this info helps.

A tip: If you're using MP3 audio files download a free program called MP3 gain. It works great for setting the loudness exactly the same for all your audio files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi George,

Well I would think it was the computer, but this computer has no problems playing the sequence in the editor with the old files. But with the files that I adjusted the audio level with Audacity. The visualizer would hesitate. So, the only difference is that I had a version of the audio file that had been modified to level the audio level. I am wondering about the .lpx file and how that might be something that might effect the audio file that is associated with the seq. file. This .lpx file is generated from creating a seq. file and I dont fully understand what it is, and what effect it has on the seq.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have the freeze problem exactly as described. The music continues but all activity freezes for a second or two then continues. All NEW events are missed during the freeze, and the sequence is again in sync after the unfreezing.

This ONLY happens to me on one song, and ALWAYS in the same spot in the song, and ALWAYS during show playback, NEVER in the sequence editor. And, it's not at the busiest part of the sequence.

Fabian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have used the MP3Gain program mentioned. You can basically select an entire folder worth the files and set them all at one level Works great!

My sneaky hunch would be that somehow the encoding from audacity got hosed with the adjustment of the levels and then save back and media player is having issues with the files. Like I said, just a hunch.

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the reason he can't use mp3gain is that he wants to change the relatiave levels within a single file.

The .lpx file is the waveform. They never get generated on my system unless I have view waveform turned on.

It should have totally no effect on the show, as it is just for that one feature on the sequence editor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect that Chuck might be closer to the truth of the matter. Ok, will get mp3gain and try that. I is getting smarter with age. Still have good music / audio files that have not been messed with. Will copy them back over into the LOR audio file and get the mp3gain and sic it on those files and then see how they play.

Thanks guys for your comments and suggestions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks JonB,

I am not in any hurry and will more than likely try that this weekend when I can work with it if does not work at first, and then recover if cant get the kink out.

Ya, I was not real sure what that lpx file was. but like others have pointed out. It appears to be self generated by LOR S2 software. I am thinking that there might be something saved and read back that might be conflicting with the new audio file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An LPX file contains summary information about our analysis of the audio. It is used for the Beat Wizard, VU Wizard, and waveform display. It is not used in any way by any program other than the Sequence Editor; it is not even looked at or loaded by any program other than the Sequence Editor.

Is the problem you're having occurring in the Sequence Editor? Even if so, I very much doubt that the LPX file has anything to do with it.

I would suspect Windows Media Player is having some sort of problem with the audio file. I suggest installing the latest WMP (assuming you're on an OS that lets you), even if you have that version already installed - sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange WMP issues. I also suggest checking to see if you have any extraneous codecs installed for WMP, and, if so, getting rid of them. Another thing is possibly playing around with the settings on your sound card, or even upgrading the sound card drivers.

Also, perhaps use Audacity to convert the file to a different format - for example, WAV if it's currently MP3 - and then use the Sequence Editor's "Edit / Media File" to point to the new file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...