Light-O-Rama Forums

Another 3 prong ground question!

Guest guest

I got my 16 channel board a couple of days ago via ups. I went out to big lots and bought some 3 outlet 4 foot 3 prong plugs for the output cords, and got them wired up. I was reading some posts about people just zip tieing them out of the way, so I just went ahead and cut them off and wrapped some elec. tape around them. I was wanting to know if that was okay.

As for the input cord I should just ground it some the heatsink. Right..

Thanks for the help.

Roman

Roman A. Gurule Jr. wrote:

I got my 16 channel board a couple of days ago via ups. I went out to big lots and bought some 3 outlet 4 foot 3 prong plugs for the output cords, and got them wired up. I was reading some posts about people just zip tieing them out of the way, so I just went ahead and cut them off and wrapped some elec. tape around them. I was wanting to know if that was okay.

As for the input cord I should just ground it some the heatsink. Right..
Thanks for the help.
Roman

This depends, what kind of enclosure do you have. I have a plastic Rite-Time enclosure. My grounds (for main power, as I have none on the 16) are simply taped off. If you have a metal enclousre, you will need to ground it properly. Others will need to speak up on this issue. It's not my strong point.