Light-O-Rama Forums

kit built CTB 16PC Problem

dave carlstedt

I built the kit, and have problems with two of the 16 circuits. Circuit 11 is on all the time. And, circuit 1 is on all the time...but at various voltages...depending upon the settings during the hardware test....but remains at the setting after unit is shutoff, or off line. If i pull the supply voltage off, and repower up, it goes on at about 80v. along with #11 at 110v. I think if may be a triac, but not sure if it could be another item.

Also, when I first start the program "Hardware utility" I must hit the "refresh" button to locate the unit. [the Select unit to configure.. download test menu. Is this normal? I thought once you did the configuration it would know the unit...what am I missing?

thanks in advance for the help.. I seem to be going one step forward, two steps back, everyday in learning this system....

Do you have lights connected when you are doing your measurements? The load from a voltmeter on its own will be too low to reliably turn the triacs off.

Regards,

Alan.

First and most easy to fix/answer. yes you have to hit the refresh each time your start the hardware utility.

Waiting to hear for sure that you have a load on the outputs. Although I would presume that you do, otherwise the other channels would have a problem too. So, presuming you have loads on all 16 channels. then this does sound like you have two blown Triacs. I have heard others on here that have had both the 100% on. And the 50% on that varies slightly. I suspect the 50% on is that one half of the Triac is shorted and the other half is still operational.

I replaced Triac No. 11 and it now works fine.

One must not have had a load on it, when i discovered a problem, as it seems to be fine. thanks again for the quick and accurate reply.