Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor/Show scheduler

Bubba in NV

Not having any problems, my 4th year, and I have different sequences every night.

My question is.... NOW for some reason people would like me to have 5 seconds of all lights on between each song so they can take a picture of it all (also have video in one window running separately from LOR).

Is there a way in show editor to add a 6 second .las animation I have made between each scheduled sequence, OR do I have to add it between each sequence when I build the show in show editor? If I have to add it between the 20 or songs in the list I guess it is not going to happen.

So I guess a wish list would be to add another tab in the show editor to be able to put "animations" between each played song. Unless I am looking at it wrong again.....

Other than that, the show editor and show scheduler is simple to use, and makes a great turn on and walk away show. I have different songs every night. Some the same, and always in different order.

Another year with a steady stream of cars coming by.... Having the demented elf spots again this year are a great addition.

You can put animation sequences into the musical section portion of the show. Simply click the + sign, and change the File Type to Animation.

Select the sequence you wish to use, and the magic is there.

Notes:
You'll want one between each sequence.
If you randomize your sequences in the player, you'll need to add to the sequence. Why? With randomization on, there is no way to say "Play these two sequences back to back."

Thats what I figured.... 20 instances of the same animation between each of the 20 music sequences.... don't think I want to go to that much effort... thanks...

Bubba in NV wrote:

NOW for some reason people would like me to have 5 seconds of all lights on between each song so they can take a picture of it all.

Having the demented elf spots again this year are a great addition.

Last year I had a similar request. Here's how I solved the it.

In my order to the Demented Elf, I requested two additional announcements . . . One that would state that "After the next song, we would leave the lights on for photo-taking", and the second that would say "This is it, get your cameras out, and take those great shots." The DE took those suggestions and created announcements that came out fantastic. The people get their cameras and cell phones out after the first, and are ready when the 2nd announcement comes on. I made it into a music animation, and I turn the lights on at 75% intensity. White for 30 seconds, green for 15 seconds, and red for 15 seconds. I do that twice. It seems to satisfy the picture takers, and most think it is a great idea.

Richard