Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR rack

Guest guest

Last week I got my Halloween display up and running, before doing so I took a couple pic's I thought I would share.

I built this rack for my controller's to secure my 3 Kraloy enclosed 16 channel LOR controllers, it consisted of a 2X12 base with notched 4X4 vertical columns and a 1X4 horizontal board also notched into the 4X4's for extra security (this thing is solid). It is primed and color matched to the Kraloy enclosures. After I was finished, I then decided to add another 8 channels of LOR (that is the smaller box on the side).

Attached files 77412=4730-Controller rack open.jpg

Nice setup! For the label, I did the opposite though. I got the retail LOR boxes with the big LOR label on the box. It pretty much reads "Steal Me" to most people. So I remove the label and leave the box plain.

Awesome set up. I agree with Wes however, I got 2 16 channel showtime boxes, not only did I remove the sticker, but I am thinking of painting them black and putting them behind bushes to further keep them out of sight!

Don wrote:

For those of us who don't want to look it up ...

Can you provide the model and/or manufacturer of the enclosure?

Well they are Kraloy boxes, the 16 channel controllers are in the 12X12X6 inch boxes and the 8 channel are in 8X8X4 inch boxes, I picked them up at a local place here in Tulsa called Locke Supply but I am sure you can pick them up almost anywhere.

jeffmill wrote:

Very nice Bill. (I was gonna say "Nice Rack" but didn't think that sounded right...):laughing:

jeff

Jeff

If you were to say "nice rack" one could have taken that several different ways, but you could have been assured that I would have only taken it one way.

Bill

Edited for grammer:?

Wes wrote:

Nice setup! For the label, I did the opposite though. I got the retail LOR boxes with the big LOR label on the box. It pretty much reads "Steal Me" to most people. So I remove the label and leave the box plain.

I went with somewhat smaller of a label and actually they are covered and wrapped with a tarp to help hide them from peering eyes.

Also they mounted rather securely so even for me it would take a bit to disassemble, this thing is very heavy, they are connected to an alarm system and let us not forget the video surveillance. So I feel pretty good that I have taken adequate precautions.

But I agree having a LOR controller just out in the open saying "steal me" would be just not a good idea.

Bill

Don wrote:

Can you provide the model and/or manufacturer of the enclosure?

I found this data sheet with part numbers.

http://www.kraloyfittings.com/download/cat%20kraloy%20products.pdf

You will find them on page 25 of 34, it appears that the 12X12X6 is PN JB12126 and the 8X8X4 is PN JB884. I tell you what, these boxes may cost a little more than some other less expensive boxes, but they are heavy duty and I could not be happier with them.

Bill

mountainwxman wrote:

Bill... kind of looks like mine. http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=6805&forum_id=25

That's great way to mount them.

I like how yours has a door and a lock vs. a screwed on lid like mine and a clear lid so that you can see the LED to know if it is blinking or steady, I have to pull the lid off to see the LED, I would like maybe someday to put an external LED, any thoughts Dan.

Do you know how thick your boxes wall's and lid are? The Kraloy 12X12 are .250 inch thick and the 8X8 are .187 inch, not that it matters, because yours boxes and rack does look good, but was just wondering.

Bill

txstraitfan4 wrote:

Hey gremler where did u get the log white cords?

Actually they are 6 foot white extension cords that you would buy from Walmart or such for about a buck a piece. By using extension cords they have 3 sockets which in some cases will make connecting the lights a little easier. The cut off plugs I used for my LOR light simulator (see the attached link).

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum13/4128-1.html

Bill

An external led...

The 'D' versions of the controllers have power outputs on them. I have never used them, but I can guess that they are powered by the controller and not the data cable. Dan, is that right?

--Daniel L