Jump to content

Disappointed...Can Someone Cheer Me Up??


jimswinder
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have spent several hours today trying to get this to work, but to no avail (and as we all know it is probably due to Operator Error...at least I am hoping that is the case).

Ok...here is the scenario.

I have 5 Interactive Buttons that when pushed, play a sound effect and a sequence that goes with the effect. I was hoping to have these available for interaction before and BETWEEN each of my shows ALONG with some of my lights on, so the dispaly is not toatlly dark before the shows begin and in between them.

I tried everything I knew with the Background option...but apparently that won't work when I have an Interactive show scheduled..or will it and I am just doing something wrong?

Sooo...can I have some "static lights" on with an Interactive show scheduled, apart from having them seperate and on a timer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim,

If I understand correctly that between your musical shows you wish to have the display in an animated type show, with interactive buttons for "special" things ie, make the mega tree spin in blue or something like that. All the while leaving the rest of the lights on in a Static type mode.

Is this correct?

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:



I have 5 Interactive Buttons that when pushed, play a sound effect and a sequence that goes with the effect. I was hoping to have these available for interaction before and BETWEEN each of my shows ALONG with some of my lights on, so the dispaly is not toatlly dark before the shows begin and in between them.

Sooo...can I have some "static lights" on with an Interactive show scheduled, apart from having them seperate and on a timer?

This reply presumes that when you say "Show" you mean, (per the LOR Help file) "a collection of sequences to be played as a set."

By "Between" shows, I would presume that you have shows scheduled (for example) 7:00-7:15 and 7:30-7:45. It's my understanding that you want to fill the space 15 minutes with the above effects.

Try this:

1) Create a silent MP3. Create a sequence with the lights you want used when a triggered event is not taking place.

2) You've stated above that your triggered events are musical (in LOR speak.) This is good.

3) Create a show. In the MUSICAL tab, place the sequence from step 1 into this section.

4) Create your interactive sequence. (Again, important to note that your going to want musical sequences here. See step 2. :P)

Now, when you run the show, the sequence from step 1 takes over, as it's the "musical" sequence set to run. It will, like any other show, run continiously throughout the length of the scheduled show. (In this case, the 7:15-7:30 show.)

When a button it triggered, the musical event associated with that effect will then play. When the triggered event is over the MUSICAL portion of the show kicks in. Remember that musical sequence will finish playing when the end of a show is reached. Would probably be best to keep your sequence from step 1 down to 1 minute or so.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cmoore60 wrote:

Jim,

If I understand correctly that between your musical shows you wish to have the display in an animated type show, with interactive buttons for "special" things ie, make the mega tree spin in blue or something like that. All the while leaving the rest of the lights on in a Static type mode.

Is this correct?

Chuck

correct
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

jimswinder wrote:


I have 5 Interactive Buttons that when pushed, play a sound effect and a sequence that goes with the effect. I was hoping to have these available for interaction before and BETWEEN each of my shows ALONG with some of my lights on, so the dispaly is not toatlly dark before the shows begin and in between them.

Sooo...can I have some "static lights" on with an Interactive show scheduled, apart from having them seperate and on a timer?

This reply presumes that when you say "Show" you mean, (per the LOR Help file) "a collection of sequences to be played as a set."

By "Between" shows, I would presume that you have shows scheduled (for example) 7:00-7:15 and 7:30-7:45. It's my understanding that you want to fill the space 15 minutes with the above effects.

Try this:

1) Create a silent MP3. Create a sequence with the lights you want used when a triggered event is not taking place.

2) You've stated above that your triggered events are musical (in LOR speak.) This is good.

3) Create a show. In the MUSICAL tab, place the sequence from step 1 into this section.

4) Create your interactive sequence. (Again, important to note that your going to want musical sequences here. See step 2. :P)

Now, when you run the show, the sequence from step 1 takes over, as it's the "musical" sequence set to run. It will, like any other show, run continiously throughout the length of the scheduled show. (In this case, the 7:15-7:30 show.)

When a button it triggered, the musical event associated with that effect will then play. When the triggered event is over the MUSICAL portion of the show kicks in. Remember that musical sequence will finish playing when the end of a show is reached. Would probably be best to keep your sequence from step 1 down to 1 minute or so.




Thanks...will try that tomorrow...

sorry George...sounds like you lose this one!!! lol but your loss is my gain!!! (hopefully)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cmoore60 wrote:

Don,

Question. In your explanation to Jim. You suggested making a silent mp3. Since .las sequences can play under the musical tab. Couldn't he just use an animation sequence in place of a sequence to the silent MP3?

Chuck

I tried an animation sequence...didn't work.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cmoore60 wrote:

Don,

Question. In your explanation to Jim. You suggested making a silent mp3. Since .las sequences can play under the musical tab. Couldn't he just use an animation sequence in place of a sequence to the silent MP3?

Chuck

I have triggers built into my show, and they are all musical in nature (granted they are silent MP3 sequences right now.) In testing (and further confirmation with LOR) a triggered "animation" sequence will run at the same time as a "musical" instead of interrupting it.

So, the main reason I put it that way is because I knew it would work. To LOR it's a case of a triggered musical event taking over for a running musical sequence.

While Jim has posted that using an animation didn't work for him, I'd still want to test it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless it has changed, you can put animation sequences in the musical tab. It causes them to play sequentially with rest of the musical sequences. Note that it was at least a year ago that I tested this, so it would be good to retest, if you want to use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do run .las animation sequences in the musical tab of the show editor and they play in order, just like any .lms sequence. There is really no need to have a silent MP3 and make a musical sequence, you can just make and animation sequence of the length needed.

When you are building a show in the Show Editor and adding sequences to the musical tab, the sequences that first pop-up to choose from will only be .lms files. You have to select from the drop down box all sequences and then both.lms and.las will be there to choose from.

I wish there was a way to set "all sequences" as the default when building a show..




Attached files 227692=12552-musical-all.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim Herberger wrote:

I do run .las animation sequences in the musical tab of the show editor and they play in order, just like any .lms sequence. There is really no need to have a silent MP3 and make a musical sequence, you can just make and animation sequence of the length needed.

Have you tested that out with the trigger scenario Jim was trying to work though? Did the audio trigger play over the animation (two sequences going at once) or did it take over the entire display (triggered sequence being the only one running.)

The only reason I suggested the silent MP3 was because I hadn't had a chance to test whether or not a musical trigger will take over (vs. play along side) an animation sequence.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:


Have you tested that out with the trigger scenario Jim was trying to work though? Did the audio trigger play over the animation (two sequences going at once) or did it take over the entire display (triggered sequence being the only one running.)

The only reason I suggested the silent MP3 was because I hadn't had a chance to test whether or not a musical trigger will take over (vs. play along side) an animation sequence.


No , I have not tested with a trigger input but I'm fairly certain that both .las and .lms sequences when put under the "musical tab" of the show editor will be handled the same way, only one running at a time.

If the .las sequences are put under the " animation tab" and then triggered, they will play along with ( at the same time) what sequence is running in the musical tab.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:
I do run .las animation sequences in the musical tab of the show editor and they play in order, just like any .lms sequence. There is really no need to have a silent MP3 and make a musical sequence, you can just make and animation sequence of the length needed.

Have you tested that out with the trigger scenario Jim was trying to work though? Did the audio trigger play over the animation (two sequences going at once) or did it take over the entire display (triggered sequence being the only one running.)

The only reason I suggested the silent MP3 was because I hadn't had a chance to test whether or not a musical trigger will take over (vs. play along side) an animation sequence.

Okay...I TRIED doing what you suggested...but it did not work...at least the way I thought it should, so I am probably doing something wrong.

I guess I just don't see how to schedule two things at once (the silent MP3 and my Interactive Sequences).

When I did what you said, the silent MP3 would play and then the Interactive Sequences would play...but without anyone pushing the buttons.

Guess I did not think it would be this complicated...or probably it is me again making something that should be simple more complicated..

So I still need cheering up...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim Herberger wrote:

If the .las sequences are put under the " animation tab" and then triggered, they will play along with ( at the same time) what sequence is running in the musical tab.

This is EXACTLY what I want to happen!!

But can't seem to get it accomplished...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jimswinder wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:
If the .las sequences are put under the " animation tab" and then triggered, they will play along with ( at the same time) what sequence is running in the musical tab.

This is EXACTLY what I want to happen!!

But can't seem to get it accomplished...

Jim,

Your first post said you wanted this inbetween shows, when I would have presumed no musical would have been playing.

I have 5 Interactive Buttons that when pushed, play a sound effect and a sequence that goes with the effect. I was hoping to have these available for interaction before and BETWEEN each of my shows ALONG with some of my lights on, so the dispaly is not toatlly dark before the shows begin and in between them.


What Tim wrote would be happening during your shows.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

Jim,

Your first post said you wanted this inbetween shows, when I would have presumed no musical would have been playing.

I have 5 Interactive Buttons that when pushed, play a sound effect and a sequence that goes with the effect. I was hoping to have these available for interaction before and BETWEEN each of my shows ALONG with some of my lights on, so the dispaly is not toatlly dark before the shows begin and in between them.

What Tim wrote would be happening during your shows.

Well it sounded like a needed a "show" in between my real shows.

To clarify...

Show 1 Runs for 25 minutes, then I want 5 minutes where the kids can push the buttons...but I don't want the house completely dark, so wanted some elements on, like my mini trees since they are not involved with the interactive buttons.

Then Show 2 would run for 25 minutes...then another 5 minutes for the buttons to be active...

and so on throughout the night...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...