Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 card - flashing amber light

Dale W

I just replaced my former DC-MP3 card and do not remember all the things I did to get it to work.

After I load the SD card, I get the amber light flashing in a steady pattern and no show.

What do I need to change to get this to work?

I can never remember which color goes to which letter of light.

However, with a steady blink on the "R" status LED, then it's waiting for a scheduled show to start. (If the "E" were flashing steady, there are other problems, as that indicates no SD card in the device.)

After you set the time (and possibly upgrade to the most recent firmware) there isn't much else you need to do.

Background:

[align=left]My entire LOR system is on a wall timer to enable each nights shows. The timer comes on about 5 minutes before showtime to turn on all of my controllers, the DC MP3 and FM transmitter. That way nothing stays on unless it's playing. About 5 minutes after the last show, it all gets turned off by the timer. The clock on the DC MP3 is good for about a week without losing time, so all is usually good. [/align]
[align=left]After everything boots up, the DC MP3 shows a GREEN (P) LED on steady and the AMBER ® has a steady blink about 1sec on 1sec off just waiting for a scheduled show to start. The DC MP3 will wait until the proper time to begin the show. Also after the last show, the same lights are once again on until the timer turns everything off. [/align]
[align=left]According to the manual this is the correct indication. [/align]Solutions:

[align=left]You might check the clock on the DC MP3 to insure it's set correctly. Also, if your SD card has a start time EARLIER than the current time on the DC MP3, it will begin immediately after boot up. In other words, if you make a change and swap SD cards between the scheduled start and scheduled end of your show, it will begin immediately. [/align]
[align=left]However, at the next scheduled show start time (every 30 minutes, every hour or whatever), it will interrupt the playing show trying to get back on schedule and the appropiate time. It may take a couple of cycles to get everything back on the proper time track if your shows are almost as long as the cycle time. [/align]
[align=left]If the time on the SD card is LATER than the current DC MP3 time, it will just wait showing a slow, single-flashing amber LED. [/align]
[align=left]Finally, if it is a continous show cycle, then the problem is most likely the on board clock on the DC MP3 is set wrong. [/align]