Light-O-Rama Forums

Main Difference between CTB16PC and LOR1602W

thevikester

the 1602 costs more, but what is the key difference for a 33% increase in price over the CTB16PC. THey both control the lights in the same fashion, but the 1602 can be a director unit...can the senior folks explain that to me please, I'm looking at making a major change for my 3rd year and what to know if its worth the extra money to have 1 of those or more for that matter.

Thank you!

The 1602 or the CTB16D deluxe board can as you said act as a director. Meaning you can actually download a sequence into that controller and it can run an animation sequence. Not only for it's own channels but for many channels on other controllers, across the LOR network. The 1602 has switich for setting the address. The PC version needs the hardware utility to set the address.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

The 1602 or the CTB16D deluxe board can as you said act as a director. Meaning you can actually download a sequence into that controller and it can run an animation sequence. Not only for it's own channels but for many channels on other controllers, across the LOR network. The 1602 has switich for setting the address. The PC version needs the hardware utility to set the address.

Chuck

Chuck, you say an animation sequence, so no musical sequence, still need the PC for that, would that be correct?

thevikester, Yes, you would need a computer or MP3 Director to run music.

[This is what I consider to be Dan's stock answer on the topic of 1602 v PC]

The LOR1602W (LOR) is a commercial grade controller with a UL508 (industrial) rating. It is the only controller in the Animated Christmas Market Place with safety certification. The CTB16PC-ReadyToGO (PC) is not safety certified (but is designed with safety in mind!).

The LOR is in a heavy duty steel case, the PC is in a plastic case.

The LOR is has a 2 year warranty, the PC has a 1 year warranty.

The LOR has (non-musical) standalone mode and can as director to control other controllers, the PC cannot.

The electronics in the LOR are designed for 40amps and down rated to 30 amps; the PC is designed for 30amps.

The LOR has unit ID switches for easy setup; the PC requires that you use a program on your computer to set the Unit ID.

The LOR has safety plate to protect the electronics and reduce shock hazard, the PC does not.

The LOR has an on/off switch with easy access fuses, the PC does not.

The LOR and the PC do have the same lighting effects and are rated at the same current. They can be used interchangeably in a LOR network.