Light-O-Rama Forums

LED's

Richard R

Hi Guys
I am having problems with LED’s
I have 24 new LED sets and in the past 2 days I have lost 3 of them does anyone know why, they are 240v led’s (i.e no transformer)

Hello Rich, sorry you're having troubles.. How are you losing them? Who makes them? What are you doing? Dimming? twinkling? shimmering? Are they dimmable? if they are dying, they may not be dimmable. Can you return them?

Hi TJ
I work in the lighting industry and I imported these lights myself (not knowing too much about LED's that was probably not the brightest thing to do) I am doing all of the above i.e. Dimming twinkling shimmering, but I am not sure when or why I am losing them, I have used led's before and had no problems but they have always been 24v these led's are 240v could this be the problem, they seem to dim ok. Is there an easy way to turn down the intensity on these lights? And will doing that make any difference.
I must say I have learned a lesson with these lights (do more home work before you buy)

Yes, you can set the Intensity setting and options from the Tools on the menu bar.. choose Intensity Settings, there you can adjust how bright your Max and Min settings are.. you cant change the Twinkle, Shimmer but setting the level for the Intensity might knock down the level for those.. and yes, being 240v may be a culprit.

Go into the hardware utility and under the configuration tab along the bottom you can change the maximum intensity.

You have to do it seperately for each controller NOT each sequence !

Dave