lip synced maybe..

but FANTASTIC editing job!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

wallleyes wrote:
Heres some video of Judy Pancoast singing live at Richard Holdmans

Don't think it was "live"...

lip synced maybe..

Definitely not live - in fact it almost looks "green screened", at least in part. But the editing and camera work was very nice. My biggest "complaint" is that Richard's display has very few of the items she is singing about.

It says on The Holdmans website they shot the video after she performed their the other night to a crowd of 200 people.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

It says on The Holdmans website they shot the video after she performed their the other night to a crowd of 200 people.

It would be fun to see a "behind the scenes" video of the making of this video. Knowing Richard, he probably shot one too ;)

Donny M. Carter wrote:

She also performed live at Mark Z's Christmas display the other night out in Woodinville, WA...

along with Bob Rivers of Twisted Christmas fame...

http://www.woodinvillewonderland.com

jimswinder wrote:

Donny M. Carter wrote:

She also performed live at Mark Z's Christmas display the other night out in Woodinville, WA...

I'm wondering if Bob did any of his songs? (I asked on her FB page a bit ago, so hopefully she'll reply). I love his parodies, and listened to his podcast fairly regularly all summer...

Tim Fischer wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Donny M. Carter wrote:

I'm wondering if Bob did any of his songs? (I asked on her FB page a bit ago, so hopefully she'll reply). I love his parodies, and listened to his podcast fairly regularly all summer...

According to Marks blog he just did a quick duet with Judy, then had to go to a practice with his band for an upcoming gig...

jimswinder wrote:

According to Marks blog he just did a quick duet with Judy, then had to go to a practice with his band for an upcoming gig...

That's too bad. Cool he stopped by though...

Tim Fischer wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
wallleyes wrote:
Heres some video of Judy Pancoast singing live at Richard Holdmans

Don't think it was "live"...

lip synced maybe..

Definitely not live - in fact it almost looks "green screened", at least in part. But the editing and camera work was very nice. My biggest "complaint" is that Richard's display has very few of the items she is singing about.

Richard posted it on his YouTube what they did. No green screen. Two cameras and various takes in different locations. The audio was dubbed.

Judy is doing The House on Christmas Street Tour http://www.judypancoast.com/2010_tour.htm

She's going to be preforming at my home Thursday 12/16/2010.

So what do you guys pay to have her come by and sing. I'm guessing it cant be free unless she is just promoting her music.

So what do you guys pay to have her come by and sing. I'm guessing it cant be free unless she is just promoting her music.

wallleyes wrote:

You put her up in a hotel for the night and get her some publicity.

Have you heard from Judy? Is the weather as nasty in Fairmont as it is in Minneapolis? She might have a really 'interesting' time trying to make your gig...

I hope she doesn't risk her own safety over it. She has to be running on fumes mentally by now as it is...

if she does make it I hope you still have a great turn-out.

I talked to her yesturday and told her to be very carefull.She was out by rapid city SD at 9 am today.Hopefully the wind will let up because the have already pulled the plows over in sw Mn.We have only gotten about 3 inches of snow here.Thanks Tim

friskybri wrote:

We are providing hotel lodging for the night and she performs at our light show. We're also promoting the show as best as possible. I have an in with one of our local radio stations and she will be performing live 12/16/2010 between 8a-9a EST on WGRQ 95.9 FM in Fredericskburg. They have a website www.959wgrq.com.

I'm not sure what to expect in our area though. Some of the shows have had upwards of 200+ people in attendance when Judy has appeared! This will be a new experience for us.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I really wish I did shoot some "behind the scenes" footage while we were making it. We were so busy moving lights and equipment that I did not get a chance to. I have lots of extra footage though where we were talking and people are getting in the shots. Also tons of footage we did not use like Judy Dancing in front of the display with us telling her what to do. Also shot some footage of the camera above her with her trying to spin around that really did not turn out but is very comical. Way to busy right now but maybe the first of the year I can but some of the fun stuff together.

I originally did not plan for the video to be done this well. I was just going to use some camcorders and then ended up being able to borrow 2 very nice Canon DSLRs (the Canon 5D and 7D) and getting two experienced photographers involved and one of them brought his jib for the smooth motion shots.

We did about 7 different takes in various parts of the yard with 2 cameras so had to sync up 14 video files and then cut and back and forth between them. There are actually some parts where the lyrics where the same and I was able to move the video around and make it match up again.

She sang along with the music we had playing in the yard.

After seeing all the footage I knew I had to try and make it look as professional as possible so spent over 15 hours editing the footage.

I agree that it would be better if we really did have "Santa up on the roof" and the other things the song talks about. I did have a snowman and some of the other objects available that I had on hand but I thought it would be best to not show any of it instead of just certain things. Would be silly to show a snowman but not "Jesus on the lawn".

This project was put together at the last minute and I was still working on the display getting things up and only finished it 2 hours before she came. I programed the entire song in about 3 hours that morning. I got a late start since I was not planning on doing a display at all this year but changed my mind (Why do I do this to myself!)

So maybe if the video has any success we can make a new version next year with the elements the songs talks about and have her come when we have snow and make it more magically.

Here is some "Candid" stuff of the concert that I shot real fast.

richardh wrote:

After seeing all the footage I knew I had to try and make it look as professional as possible so spent over 15 hours editing the footage.

I don't think most people realize a great video is accomplished in the editing room...

and you sir, made a great video...

from shooting the footage, setting up the shots, sequencing the song...but especially the editing...

Thanks for the behind-the-scenes info. Cool how it all came together for you. Judy must be very happy to have fans willing to put so much time and effort in to help her out like that...

If anything helps her make it big, this will.