Light-O-Rama Forums

Addressing Problem,

James Shelby

I have a CTB16D with the two address pots in the top right hand corner set to address 2A but in the hardware editor it comes up 02. No mater what address I set it to it comes up 02. To get my show up and running I used the hardware editor to change the the address to 2A and it works until the controller powers down then it looses the 2A address and it defaults back to 02. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem or do I just limp it along for three more weeks?

Do you have any luck setting it to 00? If I am remembering things correctly, if the dials are set to 00, (and read as 00) and you put a jumper on the second row of pins like on the CTB16PC series, the units will retain the HW utility set addresses.

Have you tried just spinning the dials a few times to clean them out and see if that works? Sounds like you may have bad dials.

-klb- wrote:

Do you have any luck setting it to 00? If I am remembering things correctly, if the dials are set to 00, (and read as 00) and you put a jumper on the second row of pins like on the CTB16PC series, the units will retain the HW utility set addresses.
I set them to 00 to reset the box but I didn't try this trick.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Have you tried just spinning the dials a few times to clean them out and see if that works? Sounds like you may have bad dials.
That was the first thing I tried, I found 4 or 5 controllers with that problem and it fixed those but not this one.

Sorry I don't have a solution but I was wondering why you power them down?

I leave mine powered for the whole season.

Am I missing something?

He might be subject to some undesired power glitches from his utility company. I know I get a few. And we get even more if it gets snow or ice here, as cars take out utility poles.. The kind of weather that causes that is exactly the weather where you don't want to be out there reconfiguring your controller addresses...

PaulXmas wrote:

Sorry I don't have a solution but I was wondering why you power them down?

I leave mine powered for the whole season.

Am I missing something?

Well for some reason we have power hiccups and the boxes go off for a second and thats all it takes, it only happens once a week or so. And when you power on and off 2.2 million lights all at once over 7 transformers, we might be the one causing the problem. It still doesn't fix the addressing problem.