Light-O-Rama Forums

show director problem

Richard R

Hi all my show should have started tonight but I have a problem with my Show director, I shorted out the remote trigger with the 5v pin by mistake, now the lights on the show time director are not working, the LOR1602's are both fine;can this be sorted out or is the director stuffed.I hope its just a fuse somewhere.

Hello,

Need to get a clearer understanding. Do you have three 16 chanel units, one with a DC-MP3 Director in it. The lights are working on the 2 "remote" units and they are being controlled by the DC-MP3 BUT the lights are not working on the 16 channel unit that contains the DC-MP3 Director.

If that is the case then, is the red Status LED on the light controller board located below the switch plate on/off/blinking....

Dan

Hi Dan
I only have 2 units one of which has a show time director in it, they both work ok with my laptop, but the show director in one of the units has stopped working,it has no power light is it a fuse or is it worse than that?

Okay... If that unit has no LED at all then you can try the following. You can disconnect the little black wire that connects it to the lower card and try using a CAT5 cable to connect it to that card below. If we are lucky, something has gone wrong with that wire or a socket or something.... Also you can try connecting the DC-MP3 to the other controller via CAT5 to see if it gets power from that other LOR1602W... Perhaps the AUX power from local unit has gone out.

Dan

Okay... If that unit has no LED at all then you can try the following. You can disconnect the little black wire that connects it to the lower card and try using a CAT5 cable to connect it to that card below. If we are lucky, something has gone wrong with that wire or a socket or something.... Also you can try connecting the DC-MP3 to the other controller via CAT5 to see if it gets power from that other LOR1602W... Perhaps the AUX power from local unit has gone out.

Dan

Hi again
no luck with the cat5 or powering it from the second unit so my last hope is an external 12v 300ma power source, do you have any other ideas? and is an external source safe for the LOR 1602 or do I risk damaging that as well?