Light-O-Rama Forums

My wife thinks...

HowardShank

...We don't have enough channels...
...We need more CCRs... (And I don't have the 3 we own operating yet!)
...Blinky light season is the bestest time of the year...
...I need to make my own extension cords now instead of buying them...
...We need a larger TV...
...That I should get a new computer because I bought her one for her birthday...
...Our kids should move out!

We're lucky that we both have solid jobs in this economy and any woman who thinks the way she does must be a Goddess of some sort!

HowardShank wrote:

We're lucky that we both have solid jobs in this economy and any woman who thinks the way she does must be a Goddess of some sort!

She is a goddess! I met her last night! Her and her son stopped by to see MY LIGHTS! I was flattered! Was even complimented, and this coming from someone who has a great display! Also was pleasantly surprised when she made a donation towards our food drive! Much appreciated :)

HowardShank wrote:

...That I should get a new computer because I bought her one for her birthday...

She sounds like a very wise woman and I think it would be a good idea for you to take all her advice.

pokrplr wrote:

HowardShank wrote:

She is a goddess! I met her last night! Her and her son stopped by to see MY LIGHTS! I was flattered! Was even complimented, and this coming from someone who has a great display! Also was pleasantly surprised when she made a donation towards our food drive! Much appreciated :)

They enjoyed your show. She's attending our son's graduation today from A school in the Navy down there.

George Simmons wrote:

HowardShank wrote:

She sounds like a very wise woman and I think it would be a good idea for you to take all her advice.

I don't know... hmm... all that new stuff, what's left for next year? A hot tub, new deck? hmmm.. if she always gets her way she'll think she runs the house or something! :)

HowardShank wrote:

mine thinks

...We have too many channels...
...We need less of everything ...
...she hates me spending 2-3 months in the yard
...I need to stop the insanity...
...She does like our TV :)
...She's ok with our many computers so long as i build the media center one for her big TV
...Our kids should move back!

Guest Don Gillespie

Jim Saul wrote:

HowardShank wrote:

mine thinks

...We have too many channels...
...We need less of everything ...
...she hates me spending 2-3 months in the yard
...I need to stop the insanity...
...She does like our TV :)
...She's ok with our many computers so long as i build the media center one for her big TV
...Our kids should move back!

Jim you need to act fast get a lawyer you do not want the kids moving back in LOL

JBullard wrote:

Howard,

If you should decide to get rid of her, because of all of her "crazy talk", send her my way.

Get rid of her? Nah... I'm looking into cloning. I think I could make a fortune!

HowardShank wrote

Get rid of her? Nah... I'm looking into cloning. I think I could make a fortune!

Did you clone her yet,,cause I think I may of marries one of them. Mine says the similar things. More channels, bigger tv's, more lights, etc...

I've got a good wife too. She's enjoying the lights as well with this being our first year. I've been unhappy trying to get decent videos of my display and trying to figure out what to get for a video camera. After searching stores to see what's available that's good at video and pictures, She let me get a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR that does 1080p HD video. I started playing with it last night and it's absolutely amazing. We got it at Sam's Club for $800, comes with two lenses, nice camera bag and memory. Best Buy doesn't come close to this deal! Although Best Buy did have a video camera that would be cool to play with, it shoots 3D video, could be very interesting with a light show, but wouldn't be able to post online I don't think. Anyhow, can't wait to video the show tonight, we just got snow!

scubado wrote:

I've got a good wife too. She's enjoying the lights as well with this being our first year. I've been unhappy trying to get decent videos of my display and trying to figure out what to get for a video camera. After searching stores to see what's available that's good at video and pictures, She let me get a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR that does 1080p HD video. I started playing with it last night and it's absolutely amazing. We got it at Sam's Club for $800, comes with two lenses, nice camera bag and memory. Best Buy doesn't come close to this deal! Although Best Buy did have a video camera that would be cool to play with, it shoots 3D video, could be very interesting with a light show, but wouldn't be able to post online I don't think. Anyhow, can't wait to video the show tonight, we just got snow!

I've watched my wife go from rolling her eyes as "Christmas stuff" started arriving in July ("another box from that light o rama place.."...), to yesterday her mentioning, as she was watching mini-trees light up and (finally..) the LOR piece of the display take shape..."...so when you do this next year and expand..."

I think she's hooked..or getting close to it...:cool::cool::cool:

DonFL wrote:

I've watched my wife go from rolling her eyes as "Christmas stuff" started arriving in July ("another box from that light o rama place.."...), to yesterday her mentioning, as she was watching mini-trees light up and (finally..) the LOR piece of the display take shape..."...so when you do this next year and expand..."

Ditto Don! and I need to expand on......Last night she was watching everyone's videos saying "we need to add this, and this, and this....And can you do that??" ... Ahhhhh the joys!

I say sure baby! BUT we WILL need MORE lights and MORE controllers! **sigh**

pokrplr wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Ditto Don! and I need to expand on......Last night she was watching everyone's videos saying "we need to add this, and this, and this....And can you do that??" ... Ahhhhh the joys!

I say sure baby! BUT we WILL need MORE lights and MORE controllers! **sigh**

We still haven't made the yearly visit to Hollywood Studios and watched the Osborne Light Show, and seeing that is what got her (and especially, me..) going down the LOR path..

This year might take it to a whole 'nother level..:P