Light-O-Rama Forums

Want to make some money?

Guest guest

Okay, I know there is probably a slim chance of anyone taking this on because everyone is busy with their own Christmas plans, but...

As you know, we got a very late start and are trying to pull off a cool Halloween.

Does anybody want to make sequences for me? We have 64 channel LOR, and I can send you my lights setup/channel configurations to work from.

I would need it done in a week, and I will pay $100. per song.

I know! I am crazy, desperate, out-of-time.

The songs I want are:

Danny Elfman - Main Title Theme from Batman

Danny Elfman - Main Title Theme from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Indiana Jones - The Ride Theme

Grim Grinning Ghosts - The Ride

These are all chosen by my kids, all their favorites. :)

I have all the songs already on .mp3

PM me if you are interested in doing one, and thanks.

Susy

p.s. I will be away from the computer 'til after lunch (taking the kids to the pumpkin patch) - thanks.

Did I build my channel sequence yet?

Hmmn, yes, I think I did. We hung all our lights and assigned them to boxes and channels, is that what you mean?

It's not perfect, we just started trying to LOR, they are a few "empty channels" but we managed to get everything under the power requirement, etc.

Is that what you mean?

Susy

Man sounds like a fun proposal. But in actuality its not a lot of money when you actually consider the amount of time it can take to do a sequence. I know some songs can take up to 20+ hours. So if it did take that long $5 an hour just isn't much. I am sure someone will jump on this but I know I just cant sequence that fast to make it worth while for me.

bridegirl wrote:

Hmmn, yes, I think I did. We hung all our lights and assigned them to boxes and channels, is that what you mean?

we managed to get everything under the power requirement, etc.

Susy,

The question on channel sequence from John I think was. Do you have each channel labeled for what area that channel will light up and are the controllers identified in each channel. Controller 1, channel 1 and so on.

Also, have you created your setup on the animation screen to see how it will look on the computer? This is a must to see it in action before seeing it in real life.

Do you have that done?

Tom

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but try using the LORVis program. Although not as custom as a sequence it does cause the lights to change intensity with the beat of the music. I am planning on using it for halloween because I am new to LOR and short on time (bad combo). I found setting it on power only to 16 channels works pretty well. You should be able to have this up in running in only a few minutes. Heres the link.

http://www.nopotatos.com/LORVis/

Tom (and John),

No, I haven't done that "set up the animation", but we have assigned all our channels.

Fryzout - thanks for the link, will check it out.

The first four songs are all spoken for at the this point, but so many nice people have offered to help, I am considering adding more, or maybe I could get started on christmas. :(

Thanks to you all for all your help, I promise to post videos if we ever get it all up and running

Susy

Tom,

That's exactly what I meant. If she has the channels somewhat labaled, it would make it easier to create a sequence.

You might try the "stand alone" sequence for the controller just to see what it looks like. I have never used it, but I believe it will build a sequence for you. It may just help for this year. I think 100$ would be MORE THAN enough for someone if they were interested in giving it a try.

I am very particular about my sequences with 150 channels and don't think I ever spent 20+ hours to build a sequence. More like 10 on the most difficult one.

At $5 per hour, it's not about the money, just simply trying to help someone out to get started.

John Pidliskey wrote:

At $5 per hour, it's not about the money, just simply trying to help someone out to get started.

I wouldn't take the money anyway. Just the fact that I was helping someone out and still making a lot of people (kids) happy somewhere else would be enough for me. 'Tis the season and all...

John & Ernie,

I know its not about the money but the smiles. I was looking at its a hard incentive thou for some of us like myself that are an extreme time constraint just for our own displays. I am very glad to hear that someone or a couple of people were able to step up and take on this one for Susy. I am still fairly new at doing my sequences with only a few under my belt and the fastest I have been able to do one so far is about 15 hours, but my longest one was closer to 30 hours. As well as I am designing for 96 lor channels and 5 X10 channels. However one of my controllers has over 100 possible amps alone on it so I have to be very careful not to overload that one (gotta love those C9 lights). I am sure not everyone has constraints like that which do make it a little trickier.

What is the "stand alone"? - I haven't heard mention of that before.

And I have to say thank you to everyone here, everyone who is helping with my sequences, people who gave me their sequences, people who gave me advice and answered my questions and figured out a trasmitter for me and explained so many things I didn't (and some I still don't) understand - and so much more!

Last year we had over 800 kids come to our door on Halloween night, we are expecting even more this year. The display is still not up and running, due to the LOR addition this year, and all day and night people stop by to say "where are your lights" "when are the lights coming on". Little kids stop every day and just look at them, even though they are off!

All our friends think we are nuts, but so many people love our displays. Over the years we have gotten so much heartwarming feedback, it's totally worth it. I think the LOR this year will bring a whole new level of enjoyment to the neighborhood.

We are also going to take in charity donations for a childrens chairty - just figuring out the best way to do that.

I just wanted to say that you have to be a certain kind of person to enjoy making an extreme holiday display. I'm glad that I married someone like that, and I'm glad that I found Planet Christmas. Although I am new here, you have all made me feel right at home.

Thanks so much,

Susy

Susy, how come you don't have the lights on as you have in the past? Getting together an animated light show shouldn't stop that from happening. Glad to hear of the past and current comments of your display. I would suggest gearing up as normal so when things do come together with an animated light display, all you have to do is plug in the controllers and run the show.

Show the lights static now and surprise them when you get them dancing.

Just my thoughts,

Tom

I think you still need to build the animation sequences then download them into the controller, so I don't think it will save much time.

I would just try a few small songs with minimal channels to get started.

Tom - we haven't turned them on yet because we "wired" for the LOR - meaning we now have sixteen cords each leading to one power source in four different locations. We didn't want to run it all for regular power then re-do it when the LOR boxes came. Hopefully the boxes will come soon, then we can run static until I figure out the music part. Plus, we didn't install all our inflatables and some other elements this year because they didn't seem suited for the music, so the display itself is a little more subdued than past years. For example, ten trees on the lawn (these are new for this year), kind of boring, but hopefully will look good to music.

John - I'm not sure what you mean "won't save time"? What won't save time, having someone else sequence for me? The other sequences I've gotten from PC members or lorsequences.com play fine, I just download them into the system. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Susy

Susy,

Have you gone to view, click animation and drawn out your layout? Also, clicking on the little button with the yellow square, green circle and black triangle all cluttered together on the upper task bar brings up the same thing.

If you haven't done this then I would suggest it. Draw out your house, trees and what ever else that will be used in the show. Have you done this yet? Working with 64 channels, a person (I feel) needs this tool while creating a sequence to see how things are going to look thru out the process.

Tom

Don wrote:

ErnieHorning wrote:
'Tis the season and all...

Yeah, well .. "'Tis the season and all..." don't cover the mortgage payment! :)

Besides, Halloween isn't about giving, it's about getting. Trick-or-Treat, anyone?? :laughing::laughing::):P

-Tim

No maybe I did not state the 'stand alone" too clear. You still would need the musical sequence(which someone has created) to load into the Controller.

Glad the sequences people sent you help out.

• 3 weeks later...