Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware utility

SnappyTom

SnappyTom wrote:

Ok so I have to pick each individual controller to use the hardware utility? It's working that way.

Yes.

The HWU isn't intended to turn on all controllers at once. Rather it's main function is testing and verification of controllers and your network. It's also used to update the firmware on the controllers and a few other things.

SnappyTom wrote:

Ok so I have to pick each individual controller to use the hardware utility? It's working that way.

That is correct behavior.

Can I ask, what was the problem?

Tim,

You'll probably get a better feel for this one if you read the thread from the top. I could summarize, yeah, but that would be no fun! :)

Don wrote:

Tim,

You'll probably get a better feel for this one if you read the thread from the top. I could summarize, yeah, but that would be no fun! :)

I did read it all the way through. There was a place where you had him try some stuff, and then it started working (but one controller at a time, obviously. Just curious what went wrong there that was corrected.

No worries though.

Tim, the Control Panel was loaded (tho disabled), blocked the Com port from controlling the lights thru the HU. Once the computer was rebooted, and the CP not loaded, the com port was free to light 'em up. The OP didnt know to select each individual controller to test.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Tim, the Control Panel was loaded (tho disabled), blocked the Com port from controlling the lights thru the HU. Once the computer was rebooted, and the CP not loaded, the com port was free to light 'em up. The OP didnt know to select each individual controller to test.

Thanks. Although I use the HWU with the Control panel loaded/shows disabled all the time...