Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware utility

SnappyTom

Hi all
Can anyone tell me why the hardware utility will not test my lights? When I play a sequence the lights work.

Thanks

Is your show enabled if yes will not allow you to run to programs to one port for LOR

Check to make sure show is disabled

Sounds like the hardware utility is being bad. Send it to bed without its supper.

Who cares what the hardware utility thinks? It's the controller that counts?

Can you tell I'm being no help? Well, actually I am - I'm giving you something to do while someone with the real answer gets here. Is the hardware utility finding the controller? Is the sequence editor open also? They can't both be active at the same time - only one will get the comm port.

Edit: Looks like someone already got there while I was being a smart-ass.

I tried all shim twenk with no luck. I only have one channel on each controller plugged into a light. I do have all channels checked marked.

Maybe it's one of those weird computer things - a few electrons went down the wrong path somewhere... have you tried re-booting the pc?

(What controller? If it has two power cords, make sure *both* are plugged in.)

Try this:
Shut down any LOR related program. Sequence Editor, Hardware Utility (HWU), LOR Control Panel, etc.

Connect 1 controller only, to your computer. Connect a string of lights to channels 1 and 9.

Open HWU.
Search network. Locate single controller. (If you get an error here, then you don't have the USB drivers installed correctly. This would cause the errors.) At this point the LED should be solid on the controller.

You should see the controller in the dropdown box next to the word "Refresh"

Once the HWU has found the controller select "All" circuits to test and then "On at 100%"

If no lights come on, then you will most likely need to reinstall the software. Something, somewhere would have gone haywire.

The controllers are ctb16pc both plugs on each are plugged in. I will try the rest of your suggestions tomorrow thank you

The controllers are ctb16pc both plugs on each are plugged in. I will try the rest of your suggestions tomorrow thank you

Ok all new challenge. I plugged all the channels in today. Went to hardware utility. Turned on all @100% only the first controller came on. All five controllers are identified. What do u all think?

SnappyTom wrote:

Ok all new challenge. I plugged all the channels in today. Went to hardware utility. Turned on all @100% only the first controller came on. All five controllers are identified. What do u all think?

It found all five controllers. This is good, as it most likely rules out any communication issues.

When you say only one came on ... did you change to the other 4 controllers to test? In that previously mentioned dropdown box next to refresh, did you change to each of the other controllers, and do the All On?

From what you are describing, it sounds as if it's a simple case of changing the selection to another controller, and clicking the All On.

If that fails, connect one controller at a time and see if the lights come on.