Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on static with music and without music

jmraider

Question 1:

Is there a simple way to have all my lights on or selected lights (static) on and still have music play with no show. I want to do this between shows. I am using the show editor and schedule editor.

Please give me steps on how too

Question 2:

How do I just set the lights to stay on after the show with no music. DOn't want to keep the neighbors up all night with music.

Thanks

jmraider wrote:

Question 1:

Is there a simple way to have all my lights on or selected lights (static) on and still have music play with no show. I want to do this between shows. I am using the show editor and schedule editor.

Question 2:

How do I just set the lights to stay on after the show with no music. DOn't want to keep the neighbors up all night with music.

Thanks

1. During non show times I use Light Show Primer. Simple utility to play music on a schedule. Available here http://pennlights.com/Sequences/

2. For "Night Lights" I created a 30 minute animation that just turns the lights on about 50% or so. I run this as a show after my main show for an hour or so.

I have a newer version of the light show primer software that I modified it to work with RDS on my transmitter. The original author was sent the changes but it doesn't look like he's posted the change on his website.

For each musical selection that you want to play without sequenced lights, create an lms file. You don't need to do any channel mapping or anything, just attach the audio file.

Also:

Create one additional animation sequence, one minute long, with no timings. Add rows for each light you want to be on static. Select all rows and turn them on. Save it as "static.las"

Then:

1) Create a new show. Go to the background tab, and add "static.las". Save the show as "static_nomusic". This is what you schedule after-hours to handle your situation #2 (lights, but no music).

2) Take the show above. Place all your music files (the ones created without lighting events) in the music sequence tab (select any shuffle options you might want). Save it as "static_music". Schedule this show whenever you want lights AND music for your situation #1.

Hope that helps.

HowardShank wrote:

1. During non show times I use Light Show Primer. Simple utility to play music on a schedule. Available here http://pennlights.com/Sequences/

2. For "Night Lights" I created a 30 minute animation that just turns the lights on about 50% or so. I run this as a show after my main show for an hour or so.

I have a newer version of the light show primer software that I modified it to work with RDS on my transmitter. The original author was sent the changes but it doesn't look like he's posted the change on his website.

I also use Light Show Primer. I'll start a new thread on this cause I'm having a few problems with Light Show Primer.

MikeH