Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Steady On Sequence

Guest guest

I created an animation a minute in length that I'm using for my outdoor lights that will be on during non show hours. I've noticed that even though the animation is looping when it gets to the end there is a brief blink. I'm afraid that this blinking every minute will quickly burn out my bulbs. Has anyone else had this problem?

LightORama wrote:

Do you have this sequence in the Background section of the show?

I accidentally deleted the file in question. I'll try to recreate tonight when it gets dark and I can see the blinking.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Dan has been busy so he hasn't had a chance to reply yet. Has anyone else done what I am trying to do before? I'm simply trying to create an animation and place it in the background part of the show. Everything works great except at the end of the animation it quickly blinks and then starts over.

Are you sure that you don't possibly have a very small "off" event at the end of your sequence?

Try this:

Create a one-minute sequence, and have the New Wizard add NO events (gives you one long event for the whole sequence). Then set this event to "on".

Make sure no other sequences contain this channel.

We use this technique for all of our static lights. They're on X-10, but that shouldn't matter...

-Tim

Andy,

I sent you an email FINALLY!....

The problem has to do with the fact that the Background was the only thing in your show. The showplayer mistakenly thinks that the show is finished at the end of the background sequence because there are no other sequences running!!! we will fix that....

The easy work around for now is to add a sequence to the animation section of your show. Make an Animation Sequence just like your background sequence BUT assign the channels to a non-existent LOR controller ( something like "AA" )... It doesn't really matter what is in the sequence but it should be simple so it does not use many resources to run.

That will fix your problem.

On another note: Your background Sequence should only have the channels defined in it that are used to control background lights. Delete all of the channels that are not used. ALSO the channels that are in the Background should be removed from your non-background Sequences.

A particular circuit should be present in the Background sequence OR the Main Sequences but not both....

LightORama wrote:

Andy,

I sent you an email FINALLY!....

The problem has to do with the fact that the Background was the only thing in your show. The showplayer mistakenly thinks that the show is finished at the end of the background sequence because there are no other sequences running!!! we will fix that....

The easy work around for now is to add a sequence to the animation section of your show. Make an Animation Sequence just like your background sequence BUT assign the channels to a non-existent LOR controller ( something like "AA" )... It doesn't really matter what is in the sequence but it should be simple so it does not use many resources to run.

That will fix your problem.

On another note: Your background Sequence should only have the channels defined in it that are used to control background lights. Delete all of the channels that are not used. ALSO the channels that are in the Background should be removed from your non-background Sequences.

A particular circuit should be present in the Background sequence OR the Main Sequences but not both....

Arrgh, I ran into that when I first set my background show up and totally forgot about it. Sorry -- I should have been able to diagnose that one also.

Like Dan said, just create an empty sequence and don't assign any channels (I call mine dummy.las).

-Tim