Light-O-Rama Forums

Colour me stupid

Mike Manzara

Well colour me stupid bought my lights from LED HL this year and now they are starting to fail at an alarming rate. If its any consolation when they fail half the string goes out. The worst part is I spent around $500 (plus shipping to Canada, plus duty) in the preorder and it looks like I will have to replace most of them next year. It wasn't till after I ordered that I read all the negativ comments about this company.

I bought all my LED's last year (post season sale) at Big Box stores (walmart and Home Depot) None of mine are full wave, but got them cheap, and not a bad bulb yet.

I think home depot is selling 1 brand this year that is full wave.

I bought some rope light on e-bay that was REALLY CHEAP. I dont think its going to make it to season 2 :( Should have bought LED rope.

Sorry ot hear about your poor quality of lights - I'll pick you up some state side at the next sale.

gizmomkr,

Same here! Bought my LED icles from Rite Aid, Most everything else LED from K-mart or Wal-mart. Non are full wave. All fade just fine and no failures...

I'll post the same question here as I did there: WHAT WERE YOU PEOPLE THINKING? The forums have been full of horror stories for the past two years. Did you think we were all making those things up? When is the last time you saw a leopard (or in this case a skunk) change its spots?