Light-O-Rama Forums

Utilizing 1/2 speed option

Guest guest

I followed the instructions on Dan's website on ripping all of my music using jukebox at a constant bit rate of 128. The problem is, when I try to use the 1/2 speed feature in LOR, there's a delay in the playback.

Can you not use 1/2 speed feature if you use CBR 128kbs mp3's? Help!

Brian,

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I remember Dan saying that it had to be a wav file to use the slower speeds to sequence. Then, after you finish the sequencing you can import the mp3 file.

Denny

I had the same delay problem when using 1/2 speed with MP3 files.

Converted the music to WAV and problem solved.:waycool::waycool::waycool: Several freeware software programs out there to choose from.

In my case, I bought the 16 channel controller that has that MP3 board added on as a daughter board. The purpose for this MP3 board is to run your shows in standalone mode, without having to tether your controllers to a PC.

This is ideal for Halloween, where I only use 16 channels, so no more Ethernet cables, until XMAS when I add more controllers.

Since it is an MP3 player, you MUST use MP3 files only, you cannot do .WAV files, you must convert them to MP3 first, before you read them into the sequnce editor. Life will be much better for you if you use constant bit-rate MP3 instead of variable bit rate.

People who have MP3 files that are not constant bit rate tend to have synchronization issues inside the sequencer. One way to ensure you always have a constant rate MP3 file is every time you get one, read it into Audacity, and save it. Audacity saves it as a constant bit rate.

Using the hardware manager, you just create your list of sequences that you wish to be included into the MP3 player SD card, and it loads the sequenced files with the audio MP3s into a special MP3Show directory. Then you copy the audio and sequence files to a small SD card supplied by LOR, and insert the card into the MP3 card reader on the controller, which has an SD card reader built into it.

Then when your controller powers up, it continually runs the show through the MP3 player card, by reading all your files that you programmed onto the SD cards. I myself have 11 songs right now in my MP3 controller for Halloween. PRobably 40 minutes of music, and it plays over and over.

The only issue is you cannot do a scheduler with the MP3 controller yet like you can with the regular controllers, but this should be available by LOR in the next software release, hopefully by November.

So for now, you load all your songs onto the SD card, and it plays in an endless loop without a schedule.

I hope this explains it ok, let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan's response to this was some time ago, but I think the audio is converted to WAV for the sequencing. When you are satisfied with your sequence, you then replace/convert the WAV with/to an MP3 file of the same song.