Light-O-Rama Forums

The Serial Port (Comm9) assigned to LOR had a problem

radioman20

When I go to the hardware utility I get the message.."The Serial Port (Comm9) assigned to LOR has a problem." When I use auto configure the hardware utility checks all my comm ports 1-10 and then freezes up. I have a USB adapter connected to my yellow serial adapter I got from LOR. I am using the CT808. Can someone help me figure out what to do? Thanks!

Attached files 224633=12435-Capture2.JPG

Ok, I figured out how to manually select ports but still no go. It went through all the bars and didn't do anything on any ports except port 10. When it got to that one it gives me 3 bars and then freezes up.

Attached files 224647=12438-Capture3.JPG

The error you first reported is common when you open up the hardware utility without and adapter connected to they system. If you are using a USB adapter, make sure you have the drivers loaded before plugginf in the first time.

Once you know that the comm adapter is working in windows. Then launch hardware utility and do the auto config on the upper left.

Chuck

Ya, I got past that part. I have even tried it on a second computer. Both computers freeze up on the 3rd red bar when you hit refresh after you have selected the com port. I have installed the USB to Serial driver and everything is good with that. I don't know why it won't work. It will work on my ex girlfriends desktop, but not on either of these laptops.

Im assuming your talking about this little guy connected to a usb adapter

if so S2 is very picky on what third party usb adapters are being used, I know it doesnt help you right now but i would suggest upgrading to lor's usb485 adapter. also how about updating your location you never know whos close by that can help you. I have several usb485b adapters, your more than welcome to borrow one this season if you pay for shipping

Attached files 224910=12445-IMG_0507.JPG

radioman20 wrote:

Ya, I got past that part. I have even tried it on a second computer. Both computers freeze up on the 3rd red bar when you hit refresh after you have selected the com port. I have installed the USB to Serial driver and everything is good with that. I don't know why it won't work. It will work on my ex girlfriends desktop, but not on either of these laptops.

Just reread the original message. So you are using a USB to serial converter adapter and plugging the LOR serial adapter into that? NOT all thos USB to Serial adapters are compatible with LOR. IF you unit did not come from LOR then it is likely that it may not work. What brand of usb to serial adapter cable do you own? Was it from LOR?

When trying to auto configure do you have the controller plugged into the serial to LOR adapter? The serial LOR adapater is powered from the LOR netowrk. Unlike the LOR usb adapters that are powered from the computer.
If you got past this part then why in the screen captures you show does it have the

Chuck