Light-O-Rama Forums

New Controllers

Omer

I am so excited I received my first two 16 channel Show Time Controllers this evening. Within 30 minutes I had them both connected, and tested. The set up instructions are terrific. Tomorrow weather permitting I will load a show, start connecting cords and do a dry run. This is only my second year, last year I used a 4 channel "Mr Christmas" with about 4000 lights this year I will utilize 32 channels and have over 12000 lights. Nothing like easing in to it is there? Reading the post of all you veterans has been so inspiring.

boborino wrote:

Welcome to the crazyness Omer. Just remember, never enough channels, never enough lights :)

And never enough money to spend!

I have 2 million lights, 960 channels and I push for more. One day I'll win the lottery. Welcome to the family. If you have problems post them and we'll jump on it as soon as we can, just chill we can fix anything.

James Shelby wrote:

I have 2 million lights, 960 channels and I push for more.

Sounds like James is trying to "outshine" God down there at the Rhema Bible College...

Next year is our 30th year, our 3rd year with LED's and 5th year with LOR. Good video is coming this year but for now you can look at Youtube under Rhema Christmas Lights.

Omer wrote:

I promised my wife I would do all things in moderation, I'm learning moderation is a realative term!!

LOL! I made the same promise.

Last year I was on the Mr Christmas special too.
This year 32 - LOR
Next year - Im thinking 64

Jim Saul wrote:

This year 32 - LOR

I'm in the same boat. I had everyone amazed with my Mr. Christmas for the first two years. I am now using LOR with only 32 channels and they all are stuned. My neighbors just smile and shake their heads when they catch me out in the yard making adjustments to the display.

I'm figuring that next year I won't add much if anything new, the extra channels will enable me to control more of what I've got already.

I need to get my butt out in the cold soon and do some filming...

crackchecker wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
This year 32 - LOR

I'm in the same boat. I had everyone amazed with my Mr. Christmas. This year they all are stuned. My neighbors just smile and shake their heads when they catch me out in the yard making adjustments to the display.

I'm figuring that next year I won't add much if anything new, the extra channels will enable me to control more of what I've got already.

I need to get my butt out in the cold soon and do some filming...

Our first year I used Mr. Christmas... for about 30 minutes. Back to Lowes it went and I ordered 48 channels for year 1.

Year two I went to 96 channels, a DIO32 and 3 CCRs. Never got the CCRs programmed for the show. Working on incorporating them into lighting for the basement bar/gameroom area.

Year three I've added 160 more channels and 3 16 channel DC controllers. Ran out of time to get the rainbow floods installed so I'm skipping those this year.

Future... RGBW on all windows and bushes so I have to get at least a few more controllers and CCRs.

Did I mention my wife doesn't think we have enough channels yet? She also thinks we need a larger TV downstairs and the existing 52" needs to move to the family room.

For those wondering, No, she's not available and her sisters are nothing like her. You can't have her.

Now that all my friends at church that have seen my videos, they say "Hey Bob, you think you can come do our house next year like that?".

Some people have NO clue what is involved. I suppose I could have them order the controllers and lights. Plug it in, open the LOR sequencing page and say, "Ok.. I did all the hard stuff, now you sit and program"

Then again, last night we came home, tuned the radio and sat in the driveway watching the show :D Then we came inside and watched Deck the Halls (Danny Devito and Matthew Brodrick). While you probably can't see my house from space, I still enjoy the comments from people driving by.

• The topic was locked