Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL Issue/Question

zman

Well amazing when you run things the same for 4 years with no problems the first year you change things issue arise.

OK first mistake. In reading the manual, it says that ALL CAT5 between a controller and ELL has to be 25' or less. I want to get the ELL outside and 25' is not much distance. OK I want to verify that I read that correctly.

I decided to really extend the length of the first connect to get it out on the roof to be sure I get good line of sight. Well that first cable is all of 75' no wonder it won't see the ELL.

Also, I have run the first ELL connected to the USB485B, has always been under 25' and always inside, and never horizontal, rather verticle, and I have had no problems except on cluster. How critical is the orientation. I am now off to go shorten CAT5 cables!

zman wrote:

Also, I have run the first ELL connected to the USB485B, has always been under 25' and always inside, and never horizontal, rather verticle, and I have had no problems except on cluster. How critical is the orientation. I am now off to go shorten CAT5 cables!

Not too critical if ALL of them are horizonotal or vertical.

Big problems though if one is horizontial and the other is vertical.