Light-O-Rama Forums

C9 LED Retro Bulb Problem ?!

RaceMedic

Beig the newbie I am a bit concerned.

I have 100s of C9 LED retro bulbs on my house and have ran my show a number of times already. I already have a handful of bulbs that are already not working.

Is this a rareity or should I be concerned about more doing the same.

They are dimmable and I do fading, shimmering etc with them.

Thank-you in advance for any feedback !

Dave

CDI

I must say ... they are 2nd to none for customer service.

They offered to send me some replacement ones right away. I have a lot of extras so I told them not to worry about it and that we will talk after the shows are done !

Dave

Interesting,
I bought 100ea of Red, Green, Blue, and sun warm wight this past spring. Course didnt get them them till Sept. I have been running my show for 4 night now. And before than I ran them for over a week at 100%. But my show has shimmer, fade, and twinkle. No failures yet. But one thing I did do is that I made a shallow dish out of a dixey cup and put some of that electrical dilectric grease and got a dab on the tit connection of the bulb then screwed them into the socket. How do you know that the bulb is dead? Did you try to re-screw it into the socket?

Just musing, how do we know for sure that Paul shipped dimable retros? and not the basic retro bulbs?

I have over 800 bulbs on my house so if they were not dimmable I would suspect more of them would be fried.

I am going to chalk it up to the fact that it is only 1% of my total bulb count.

Only time will tell but i have not had any problems with the other product from CDI.

Dav

Would turning down the output maybe help ?!

How do I go about doing that .... I thought it was in the hardware section but when I go back into the hardware again the setting is back at 100%

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

I have over 800 bulbs on my house so if they were not dimmable I would suspect more of them would be fried.

I am going to chalk it up to the fact that it is only 1% of my total bulb count.

Only time will tell but i have not had any problems with the other product from CDI.

Dav

Here is a silly question but I will ask anyway.

Are they dimming? Have you really watched the roof lights to see if they are actually fading properly? .....nice slow fade.

You Said:

".........so if they were not dimmable I would suspect more of them would be fried."

After only a couple of days I wouldn't think that many would be dead. The only reason I say that is because mine are not dead and mine are not dimmable. I noticed I had some sequences running last year where I had fades where I should not had.

Those LEDs are still running. This year I changed that and added regular C7 bulbs to my arches.

I think you should have took them up on their offer and had them ship replacements ........do not forget you still have 30 more days of running the show.......more might burn out.

On the other hand they might work in a different socket unless you already tried that.

lightzilla wrote:

Are they dimming? Have you really watched the roof lights to see if they are actually fading properly? .....nice slow fade.

I think you should have took them up on their offer and had them ship replacements ........do not forget you still have 30 more days of running the show.......more might burn out.

On the other hand they might work in a different socket unless you already tried that.

I just did a hardware test and did a slow fade from 0% - 100% ... they look fine.

As far as the replacements ... it was only a total of 8 bulbs and I have about 50 white and 50 red extras.

As far as other sockets ... Tried them ... no luck.

I will play it by ear and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Dave

I believe they also are marked along the top of the screw base, but you might need a magnifying glass and bright light to read it.