Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR adjusting aux or mic in at a set time ?

tnaant

I have been trying to figure out a way to have the LOR software adjust my aux or mic in on my onboard sound card at a specific time. I want to hook up a source..ie. cable box, sat radio. and have it fade in at the end of the show for the night so there is something always transmitting on my fm transmitter. I have it set now where I can play 10 songs on my computer, but it is the same loop, over and over. I wanted variety. I thought about a batch file, but snd32.exe doesnt have any useful commands. Any ideas? Thanks! ~Tna

Most here use Zara Radio for this function, so no need to try to have LOR software to take over the computers sound card.

LOR is designed for controlling light shows, not a radio station.

Sorry, I'm not technical enough to answer that LOR question, but I thought I'd share how I have a pre-show and a post-show with music.

I'm using the Zara radio program, like many others here. My pre-show begins 20 minutes before my show and has a playlist of 40-50 songs from TSO, Manheim Steamroller, Elvis, etc. interspersed with time, humidity, and temperature announcements. I had Demented Elf make a voiceover saying that the show will begin at 6:00 pm and I interject that every 4-5 minutes. I also have an animation show that repeats for the same 20 minutes. I shut off the the pre-show at 5:59:45 and my show starts right at 6:00 pm.

At 10:00 pm (or 11:00 pm depending on the night) my main show ends and Zara radio begins using the same previous playlist. A second interjected voiceover states the times of the main show every few minutes. The post-show runs for about 20 minutes along with the same animation show above.

Zara has the capability to play news internet streams and other internet streaming, although I have not used that this year. It also will respond to DTMF tones for other start stop options.

Maybe you can incorporate Zara to fit your needs. Download the free version here . . . http://www.zarastudio.es/en/descargas.php

Richard