Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Command Statistics

Ti03

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a way to determine the number of commands in sequence/show (for standalone purposes). I've searched all the help topics and spent quite a bit of time looking through the Command Bar tabs but no love. Is there such a tool or statistic?

tnx

Never had the need to do so, but I believe this will give you want you want. It will return the number of lines in the .lms file that have the word "startCentisecond" in it. Which would be a count of the number of times an effect was started (i.e. light turned on, etc). You would double it if you want to count the "off" commands also.

From a DOS window: (Start > Run > enter cmd > Enter)
- change directory to your sequence directory (cd c:[directory path])
- type: find /c "startCentisecond" [sequencename.lms]
- you will receive a line with the filename followed by a number. That number is the number of lines with the word startCentisecond in it.

or for anyone with cygwin or linux commands available:
- type grep -c startCentisecond [sequencename.lms]

hope that does what you are looking for.

Ti03 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a way to determine the number of commands in sequence/show (for standalone purposes). I've searched all the help topics and spent quite a bit of time looking through the Command Bar tabs but no love. Is there such a tool or statistic?

tnx

I do not know of a "wizard" that will count the number of commands in a sequence.

Typically, the 1602 series controllers can store about 5,000 commands in a standalone sequence. Fades, twinkles and simmers may use more "command" space then simple on and offs.

If the 1602 is acting as a director for additional controllers then the total channel count of controlled channels may also figure in.

The only easy answer is to build your animation only sequence and try to download to the controller. I usually limit the standalone sequence to 3 - 4 minutes and have not had any problems.

Thanks, I think knowing that 3 to 4 minutes of sequence/show is a good rough estimation of the 5k command limitation and will serve the purpose from a practical standpoint. Mine are certainly not as long as that; most are simple animations.

Thank you for the line count info as well, its a good indicator as well. One could test its accuracy by programming a simple 10 command sequence, saving it and then opening the file and seeing what the line count is; and yes I would agree that a twinkle or blink would count for two commands.

Thank you again