Light-O-Rama Forums

pre sequenced sequences

hisham beydoun

I purchased a sequence from wowlights.com for a 64 channels (four controllers). I decided to add 5 more controllers and add to the light show for a total of 144 channels. I am having a problem getting the five new contollers to work. The four contollers work but the 5 new ones don't. The hardware utility regonized all nine units and I set the unit Id's from 1 to 9. When I turn on the light show only the first four contollers work.

Please help

Thanks,

Sam

Did you add them to your channel configuration and name them controller 5-9 and then put in the events you want them to do?

hisham beydoun wrote:

I purchased a sequence from wowlights.com for a 64 channels (four controllers). I decided to add 5 more controllers and add to the light show for a total of 144 channels. I am having a problem getting the five new contollers to work. The four contollers work but the 5 new ones don't. The hardware utility regonized all nine units and I set the unit Id's from 1 to 9. When I turn on the light show only the first four contollers work.

A 64 channel sequence will only control 64 channels! Units 1 - 4

Did you write/program/add another 80 channels of sequence commands to the sequence you purchased? Instructing Units 5 - 9 what you want them to do?

Units 5 - 9 controllers are just "sitting" there waiting for commands. You will have to redo the sequence you purchased to make it a 144 channel sequence.

As well as the good information that has already been given, I have another thought - which version of S2 software do you have?

The "basic plus" version only allows 4 controllers to be used. From this, you would upgrade to either "standard" which supports 8 controllers, or "advanced" that supports an unlimited number of controllers. More information on the software levels of S2 is available here: http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

Regards,

Alan.

If you do not have time to add the new 80 channels of sequencing, you can duplicate the old controller numbers on the new controllers to channels 1-4.

That way the new and old controllers will work with 64 channels.

I bet Alan has the right answer.. if only the first 4 of the 9 are working, my bet is that you do not have a Standard or Advanced license key.. If you've got Basic Plus, it allows only 4 controllers (64channels), you have to move to Standard (8 controllers / 128channels) or Advanced level (unlimited controllers/channels)..

• 2 weeks later...