Light-O-Rama Forums

help please cant run my 1st year show

larry oneill

i have an mbb4000 and i cant seem to get rid of the static from my pc. hooked up ipod and transmitter works great. but when i connect to pc either in back where speakers go or into headphone out on speakers all i get is static . i have the transmiter on a seperate outlet 15 ft away. have also tried adjusting volume nothing seems to work

lleibeck wrote:

Hi,

Check out the following thread.
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum80/19859-2.html

I was having a problem with a different radio with a similar issue, static.
Turned out to be the antenna. This link also list some other options.

Lee

thanks for the link tried different antenna but still static only time had no static was when it was plugged into the ipod i know the cause is my pc just dont know what to do to fix this

Sounds like you COULD have one of the following (or both)

1st one is called a "ground loop" it comes from bad / different / missing grounding points in an electrical system. I wont get into a lot of detail, because I THINK your issue is much simpler, but If all else fails, get the transmitter on the same outlet as the pc, & / or pick up a "Ground loop isolator" from Radio shack or walmart (look in Car Audio)

2nd option is Output level. Your FM transmitter is probably expecting Line Level input, and your pc could simply have the volume turned up too high causing "distortion" witch sounds somewhat "static" like. Solution - turn down your volume on the PC.

that could be it the power pack that came with my mbb4000 only has a 2 prong plug on it am going to the shack to see what i can find. thanks for the input hope i can figure this out. all 6 children and 8 grandchildren are about to string me up if i cant get this working and that doesnt even include friends and neighbors