Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add 2nd contoller/16 channels to existing shows

Guest guest

Hi all,
I did my first show last year with one contoller/16 channels. This year I have purchased a second contoller. I want to modify my existing shows from last year. I have not tried yet, but is it difficult to add the second controller and channels to existing sequences? Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill Flanagan

flanman wrote:

Hi all,
I did my first show last year with one contoller/16 channels. This year I have purchased a second contoller. I want to modify my existing shows from last year. I have not tried yet, but is it difficult to add the second controller and channels to existing sequences? Thanks in advance for any info.
Bill Flanagan

From a procedure stand-point, adding channels is very easy.

Click on the bottom most channel, where upon a menu appears. Select "Add multiple channels below." You will now have the option to select how many channels you wish to add. Then it's a matter of assigning the new channels to the controller, in exactly the same manner as you added the first.

flanman wrote:

It's easy. Just click on somewhere on the name (left column) of one of your existing channels and it will let you Insert Multiple Channels above or below that point (so make sure you choose where you want them to go). It will add the number of channels that you tell it. The next step would be to click on the topmost channel that was added and click Change Channel Settings to let it know what that is a LOR channel and what the ID of the unit is. That's it.

Don't forget to save the new channel configuration after adding the channels and changing the channel settings. Then, after you add the channels to the same place in your other sequences, you can import the new channel configuration.

Margie