Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence editor player problem

Guest guest

I am experiencing a some sort of playing problem. I have already spent hours and hours programming my first musical sequence using the "demo" version of the editor. (Wating for my shipment to come in, hopefully this week). Finally got the first one done after getting used to the program.

Now, I just started my second sequence and now I am having problems with the playback. No matter what setting I have it on, the music always wants to restart at the beginning. If I set in the "visible screen" mode, the music starts somewhere always different than on the screen and the timing display at the top is off by several seconds at least.

I have tried rebooting, starting over from the very beginning, and I have even tried going back to my first creation to see if that sequence is having the same problem. Of course the first one is just fine!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of audio file are you using for the second sequence? From your description, I would think that you are using a MP3 file that was created using Variable Bit Rate. (VBR) VBR's are known to cause problems, as LOR can't pick up the correct starting point in the song.

This is not a fault of LOR, though, as LOR using the Windows Media sub-routines (or some other technical term) to do the dirty work.

Many Thanks.

You are right, it is an MP3 file.

And I will try to switch it over to a WAV file. Hopefully that will solve the issue. I was driving myself insane having to always start at the beginning.:shock:

Has anyone experienced problems when using a midi audio file? Recently I started building a sequence using a midi audio file. I built some and saved the sequence, then continued the next day. Both times using the 'Visible Screen' setting for playback. Now when I select 'Full Sequence', the first day's section plays fine but the second day's section timing is off. All of my other mp3 and wav sequences play fine. This is my first midi file.

When I first started I did not know about that "Play Visable Screen" function. I think I did an entire 3 min song that way.... :laughing:

Its scarry just thinking about it!

--Daniel L