Light-O-Rama Forums

Gutter Clips

ShortysLandscaping

I bought these last year.... love them

http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/824/ACT-SLAHCD7263.html

I like it because it holds every bulb in same position but does have a couple of drawbacks...

1. I put 4 different strands of C9s on my gutters (red, Green, Color, Blue) I found that it is pretty impossible to use these for every single bulb of 4 strands of lights so I do this... Use them for my red bulbs (all pointing up) and for my green bulbs (all pointing down) - then for my colored and blue strings I just hook their wire into the attached clips that are on the red and yellow strands.

2. They are near impossible to get out of the gutter. Last year after trying to get a few down I just gave up and said I will leave em in place and use them next year but they pretty much all fell off over the hot summer months.

Even with the drawbacks I would buy them again when it comes to holding everything in place securely.

I use these from my local lowes. They are like $5 for 100 now and if you buy them at the end of the year, you can usually get them for about $2 for the 100. I like them, they seem to last and I am able to hang the lights pretty straight with them.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_132029-1364-9003-99-0697_4294801366_4294937087_?productId=1214317&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Holiday%2BDecor%2BAccessories_4294801366_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1

Mike

I like the ones from Target--100pc box for $4-5 I think. They held tight and straight. Of the couple thousand I used last year, didn't have a single mini-bulb come loose out of a clip. Hold multiple types of bulbs, and can be used for both gutters and shingles.