Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree causes Turrets!!!!!!!!

btoerck

Tuesday I was putting lights out and had finished putting my mega tree up. Last year I used a big zip tie at the top of my center pole to hold everything up and it worked fine. I did it again this year and everything was good. I got all the lights up and started staking them out when I noticed my center pole wasn't standing up straight. So I decided to start trying to "level" the center pole. I almost had it like I wanted it and turned my back for a second to get another tent stake and I heard what sounded like all the lights crashing to the ground. I turned around and saw that they had in fact crashed to ground. That was the instant that I developed Turrets!!!!!! My little old neighbor lady was out in her driveway sweeping and and I didnt see her until it was too late. She saw the whole thing. So I then went and just sat down on the front porch for a few minutes and let the Turrets pass then started working on different stuff and a friend arrived a short time later. I told him what happened and we both had a good laugh and he gave me a huge 3 foot long half inch wide zip tie to use this time. We'll see Sunday how it works.

btoerck wrote:

Tuesday I was putting lights out and had finished putting my mega tree up. Last year I used a big zip tie at the top of my center pole to hold everything up and it worked fine. I did it again this year and everything was good. I got all the lights up and started staking them out when I noticed my center pole wasn't standing up straight. So I decided to start trying to "level" the center pole. I almost had it like I wanted it and turned my back for a second to get another tent stake and I heard what sounded like all the lights crashing to the ground. I turned around and saw that they had in fact crashed to ground. That was the instant that I developed Turrets!!!!!! My little old neighbor lady was out in her driveway sweeping and and I didnt see her until it was too late. She saw the whole thing. So I then went and just sat down on the front porch for a few minutes and let the Turrets pass then started working on different stuff and a friend arrived a short time later. I told him what happened and we both had a good laugh and he gave me a huge 3 foot long half inch wide zip tie to use this time. We'll see Sunday how it works.

I hope nobody got hurt. You might benefit from some temper management counseling if it led to the use of this ;):
cse90_weapon_system_armoured_vehicle_turret_90_mm_gun_cmi_Defence_cockerill_Belgium_Belgian_page_product_001.jpg

• The topic was locked