Light-O-Rama Forums

Skew and radio delay

LORisAwesome

Hi

I want to use the skew to compensate for the radio delay.

What is a good value to use?

Also, is there a good way to get rid of the skew in case you want to tweak the sequence? Is it better to keep the original version without the skew and save it under a different name after it has been skewed?

Thanks

Jerry

What FM Transmitter are you using, and what sort of audio delay are you experiencing? Right off the top of my head, I don't know of one that has caused a delay.

It is an EDM unit with RDS. The manual says EDM-TX-LCD. I got it about a year ago.

Unfortunately, I don't notice the delay in most cases. A friend told me last year that the lights were out of sync when you listened to the radio, but not the speakers in the front yard.

Now the speakers in the front yard are attached to a radio.

Thanks

Jerry

Some radios have digital audio processing for better acoustics in the car. Usually the time delay induced does not matter, because radio is not often synced to anything. Most car radios do not have features to cause this delay, so it is best not to offset. For those with the fancy radios, it is their problem to figure out how to turn off processing and get rid of the delay..

On top of that, every model of radio that induces a delay may induce different delays, and it may even vary based on what effects it is generating..