Light-O-Rama Forums

First year for LOR

Guest guest

First year, eh?

Well, you have me beat be several years. You must be running something faster than 1/10th second per step?

So, is that your car in the avatar? If so, I am also a Corvette owner.

Question for you: what speed PC are you using and what is the time of each of your steps in the sequence?

Thanks guys, you never know how the public is going to judge your work. It sounds like I am headed in the right direction.

Contactmike1, darrylb is correct with Jeff Scheetz

Scott_Hardin, you are correct. The rule I try and follow is dim for quiet, bright for loud, clear or white for highs and blue for lows.

Roadrat, I downloaded the software in January and bought my controllers during the sale. I have had displays for the past few years using basic stamps and SSRs without music. The grid is set at .05 and I do not use the tapper. While I may just be slow, it takes me anywhere from 40-60 hours per sequence before I am happy. This is for 96 channels. My computer for development is P4 2.53ghz 768mb ram. My runtime unit is P4 3ghz 512mb ram. The runtime isn't faster for any reason, I am just partial to my old system and prefer to use it as my main system. Yes, that is my Vette (1981). It is kind of a side project/money pit. It is roughly 720hp at the crank with nitrous and the blower. A real treat to drive.

Michael B, Thanks! I know I am no better than you. I have just wasted more time at the keyboard than you likely have. It all takes time / playback / time / playback and more time.

GS, 100mph is about right. I had alot of fun doing this sequence.

ShiningBright91, Thank you

ROCK ON, BROTHER!

Great job! One of the nicest fast-moving sequences I've seen yet.

I love watching everyone's shows on this forum.

We all work together to continually raise the bar...

(Oh, man...that corporate teamwork mumbo-jumbo's starting to get to me...)

EAB wrote:

What kind of flood are you using on the left there? Seems to respond quicker than the one I have.

The box says GE Home/ Garden outdoor floodlight PAR38 85 watt blue. Bought them off the shelf at Walmart. They have a thick glass.

BTW, I offset the floods by .05 from the beat (start them sooner than the beat). This way they are closer to being in time. Looks like I forgot to do that at the end of the song. I'll have to fix that.