Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Show Editor Help

sparky22

Hello,
New to lor this year. and am going to run my Sequences with Show Editor. and would like to no what these settings are for?

Background.
Startup.
Animation.
Musical.
Interactive.
Shutdown.

My show will have 6 songs and an opening and closing Sequences.

They're each sections of the show which you can put sequences into. Putting a sequence into one section will make your show behave differently than putting it into another section.

For details on what each section means, please see the following help file page:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?what_is_a_show.htm

Your opening sequence goes in "startup" your closing sequence goes in "shutdown"

Background sequences (if I recall) is used when you want a series of events no matter what song is playing - say like maybe you had wreaths in the windows that would just fade in and out, and you want them running the entire show.

Animation is similar to background.

Interactive shows look for imputs from the controllers to trigger a sequence.

And all the "regualr" stuff (like the 6 songs you said you had) should be loaded under "musical sequences"

I dont use Background, animation or interactive, so someone else can probably give you a better answer there, but the ones you need are musical, startup and shutdown.

Thank You,

That helps allot.

My opening and closing a would like to play after 3 songs.

So opening voice over then 3 songs closing voice over.

Then next 3 songs opening voice over 3 songs closing.

So how would I do this?

Are voice overs talk about are Donation box and want spectators to here open and close voice over.

Then you want EVERYTHING listed under musical sequences.

Startup and shutdown sequences are only played once per show.

So,

You would go to the show editor, musical sequence tab, and you would add your items like this :

Opening Voiceover

Sequence / Song 1

Sequence / Song 2

Sequence / Song 3

Closing Voiceover

Sequence / Song 4

Sequence / Song 5

Sequence / Song 6

After Song 6 the Scheduler will move back to the top of the list playing the "opening voice over"

* Note that I dont belive you can play an aduio file without a sequence, so you would need to make a sequence that had "no lighs" for opening and closing voiceover. (someone else jump in if I'm wrong - Never had the need to do it)

That's what thought had to use show editor, musical sequence.

And this will just keep repeating until the time I have to stop the show?

But I guess doing it this way my closing voice over mite not play last right?

Could I go like this

Start up opening voice over

Sequence / Song 1

Sequence / Song 2

Sequence / Song 3

Closing Voice over

Opening voice over

Sequence / Song 4

Sequence / Song 5

Sequence / Song 6

Open voice over

Closing Voice over Shutdown

You could do as you posted, or you could just place the closing voiceover in the "Shutdown" tab, that will ensure it plays last.

IF you do as you have posted, you would hear Song6, then opening, then closing, then opening - seems a bit redundant.

sparky22 wrote:

would like to no.

my shutdown time is 11pm.. and at 10:59 a 2min song starts.

will it be cut of at 11pm for the shutdown?

Thanks

No. What really happens at 11:00 PM is that the show goes into "shutdown mode". If there is a sequence from the Musical section currently playing, it is allowed to end gracefully; after that, if there are any sequences in the Shutdown section, they are run. Only after all of that does the show actually end.