Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost LOR Software

Guest guest

Dan,
I have emailed info@lor with my question, but I will ask it here as well, if someone else runs into the same problem.

My computer crashed on me the other day and I had the LOR installer file on there. I backed up all my sequences, but didn't think to back up the installer file. So now that I have reformatted, I need to reinstall the software so I can hook up my Haloween display. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As always thanks for a great product. If you need any more information about me, just ask, I can PM it to you. I have my order number in my email somewhere.

VonnerNIX wrote:

Dan,
I have emailed info@lor with my question, but I will ask it here as well, if someone else runs into the same problem.

My computer crashed on me the other day and I had the LOR installer file on there. I backed up all my sequences, but didn't think to back up the installer file. So now that I have reformatted, I need to reinstall the software so I can hook up my Haloween display. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As always thanks for a great product. If you need any more information about me, just ask, I can PM it to you. I have my order number in my email somewhere.

If you downloaded from the LOR store... go back to your confirmation email and download it again. I keep all confirmation emails in case something happens.

I went back and checked for that. I only have a link to tracking of the order, and a survey to fill out.

I keep all emails, I never delete them, but for some reason I can't find the link to the software.

At least for me, I can download the software by clicking the status link in the order confirmation email and then type in the credit card I used for the purchase at the bottom of the page.

rockyct wrote:

At least for me, I can download the software by clicking the status link in the order confirmation email and then type in the credit card I used for the purchase at the bottom of the page.

Yes, I'm given that option if I click on the link in the email also (and I purchased way back in 2004). Although, the credit card I used doesn't exist anymore and I don't know what the number was, so there's no way for me to do that. Last time I needed to download it, Dan sent me a link and a username and password.

you think you have problems!!!

i lost an external hard drive with all my sequences on it & i didnt have a back up!!

luckily kenny from lemon tree passage had a copy of my work when i visited him about a month ago & he is sending it to me!! lucky me

its only set me back about 6 hours of work & not 6 months

i have also emailed dan & asked for the link so i can also re download LOR again.

ive also asked for the disc to be sent to me also

back up back up back up do it after every change

geoff
green point
nsw
australia:D

VonnerNIX wrote:

Dan,

Hi, Did someone get a link to you?

Yes, thank you very much. I will now keep a backup copy of the installer as well.

Much appreciated. Now I've gotta get my power situation figured out. I am having major issues with my current breaker box. Not looking forward to the bill to get it fixed and upgraded. But those are the things that come with homeownership!