Light-O-Rama Forums

Home Depot Trade-Iin For Incans...

jimswinder

Was in Home Depot tonight and noticed their big box where you could drop off your old incans for $3.00 off on their LED's...

and I got to wondering if any of you guys went to your local Home Depot and asked if you could have them or buy them??

I was in HD yesterday, and they were handing out coupons for 3 bucks off on LED strings, no need to bring a trade in.

Never thought to ask them for the trade-ins they got...would assume they already have some deal with some third party or manufacturer who take them off their hands, but can't hurt to ask.

Very cool, Don...Gotta love those coupons for LED's!!!

I agree that it can't hurt to ask - I would just recommend that if you are going to do that, you do it ASAP, as the trade in deal ended yesterday, and I'm sure the boxes have all been moved to the back warehouse area...

Greg

I asked what they did with them and the customer service person said they have a recycling program for the old lights.

I was there negotiating a price match on a washer and dry that I had already purchases. BTW, HD is offering the black friday prices on the appliances NOW. I bought a LG front load washer and dryer 2 months ago for $999, today they are $650! (I want my $350x2) I could then my some LED!

So, I didn't ask that many probing question about the old christmas lights.

Scott-

Well that was silly. how do you expect to connect a washer and dryer to your controllers - You know that plug wont fit. And I'm really not sure what thats going to do for your show.

here in canada, BC and Ontario only, the deal was you bring in your old incades light and you get a coupon for 50% off on 5 any size any count led's, i broungt in 2 string and walk out with 10 diffrent box of led's

gizmomkr wrote:

Scott-

Well that was silly. how do you expect to connect a washer and dryer to your controllers - You know that plug wont fit. And I'm really not sure what thats going to do for your show.

"Come watch the show, AND, we'll do a load of laundry for you for free.."

DonFL wrote:

Do we HAVE to come down and watch the show..or can we send the laundry via USPS...

and do yo pay return postage? :)

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Do we HAVE to come down and watch the show..or can we send the laundry via USPS...

and do yo pay return postage? ;)

Geez..I s'pose you want starch too?

jimswinder wrote:

Was in Home Depot tonight and noticed their big box where you could drop off your old incans for $3.00 off on their LED's...

and I got to wondering if any of you guys went to your local Home Depot and asked if you could have them or buy them??

As a matter of fact YES...

The manager didn't want to be hasseled with them and said that I could take (free)the contents of the box as long as I didn't bring any back as trade-ins.

Sooo... I cleaned out all that I could carry to canablize for plugs. Saved all the C9 strings to use for strobes next year..