Light-O-Rama Forums

New guy made the news!

Guest guest

nolimitssjca wrote:

Congrats on the positive story and the publicity. I love the idea of sponsering a family at Christmas and would like to do the same. What do you require of a sponser $/family. Do you donate the cash directly to the charity or do you take them toys?

Seems like you have it figured out so why re-invent the wheel?

OMG! Somebody stole my icon! I can never be seen online with this user icon ever evar again!!!

jmccorm wrote:

nolimitssjca wrote:
Congrats on the positive story and the publicity. I love the idea of sponsering a family at Christmas and would like to do the same. What do you require of a sponser $/family. Do you donate the cash directly to the charity or do you take them toys?

Seems like you have it figured out so why re-invent the wheel?

OMG! Somebody stole my icon! I can never be seen online with this user icon ever evar again!!!
Darn.. Well really miss you're icon guess you'll have to find something new.

Wow.. I stopped getting emails for responses to this thread.... Ihave some catching up to do....

FDNY:
See the post on the first page. Theres an explanation of the voice effects there.

Snowlovergeorgia:
Thanks! Sequential lighting is not too difficult if you take your time. I used 32 channels. I did use an FM transmitter.

nolimitssjca:
So far it has equalled out to about $100 per child. Depending on the charity/circumstance we give the money to the charity, but usually we go out and buy all of the gifts and have a "wrapping party".

llbarnes:
The sponsors (my business and my wifes business) are included in the voice overs and were mentioned on the news.

So...........

Halloween night we had 1200 trick-or-treaters. We gave away glow bracelets instead of candy which was a big hit. And the video has helped get donations from as far away as Texas and Nevada.
We have sponsored over 50 kids as of today!

I have started the Christmas sequences and I may even have one of my original songs in there as a dedication to the troops that wont be here during the holidays.
I have also talked to the top morning radio show here in Atlanta and one of the DJs has agreed to lend her talents to the voice overs.
The news crew said they would do all the could to make it back down for the Christmas Display as well.

Things are going well and I've had various offers from people in the animated lighting industry. Big things for next year!

Anim8 wrote:

Halloween night we had 1200 trick-or-treaters. We gave away glow bracelets instead of candy which was a big hit. And the video has helped get donations from as far away as Texas and Nevada.

Must be crazy! For the last four years, I've had all of ZERO trick-or-treaters at my house. I'm on an arterial road right in the middle of the city. Maybe being stuck in the neighborhood would get me more of the little goblins.

Next year I've just got to try some halloween lights!