Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Show Director won't play show


lars1910

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone. I'm using the mp3 show director and I went through the hardware utility and set the date/time. I then proceeded to use the simple show builder to build my show and write it to the sd card. I put it in the box and the 'R' for LED Status blinks twice and then pauses. Looking in the manual all I can see is it says it's either waiting for a show to start or a trigger. The was sched to start 1 1/2 hrs ago. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as a follow up. I erased everything off the sd card. Wrote my sequences to the card and then went to the hardware utility and set the date/time. It now works. First time I set the date/time and then sequences. Maybe the order or writing to the sd card caused the issue? Not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

lars1910 wrote:

Hey everyone. I'm using the mp3 show director and I went through the hardware utility and set the date/time. I then proceeded to use the simple show builder to build my show and write it to the sd card. I put it in the box and the 'R' for LED Status blinks twice and then pauses. Looking in the manual all I can see is it says it's either waiting for a show to start or a trigger. The was sched to start 1 1/2 hrs ago. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.


I am having a similar problem.

But mine is that all but one of my sequences (from last year and one new one) work fine. One sequence (another new one) will not play-either as part of a show (using the hardware utility to write to the SD card) or if it is the only sequence on the card, nothing happens.

I have the schedule set to play all the time (as a test).

At Halloween, some of my sequences would not play-even though they played the year before.

I figure something is "corrupt" with the file-I have tried saving it in a different place with a different name and it still doesn't work.

Any insight is welcome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ivan Beaver wrote:

lars1910 wrote:


I am having a similar problem.

But mine is that all but one of my sequences (from last year and one new one) work fine. One sequence (another new one) will not play-either as part of a show (using the hardware utility to write to the SD card) or if it is the only sequence on the card, nothing happens.

I have the schedule set to play all the time (as a test).


Any insight is welcome



Since I uploaded the new firmware my mini MP3 Director/Player wont play the music on some sequences or it gets hung up at the start after the introduction, it (the introduction) just plays over again.

Same SD cards as last year that were kept safe & sound. Played without any issues last year with the 1.0 firmware.

I may switch back to the 1.0 firmware to see if that makes a difference.

My show has not changed much just a few display elements changed.

Good thing it is happening now. Still have time before December 1st arrives.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ivan Beaver wrote:

lars1910 wrote:
Hey everyone. I'm using the mp3 show director and I went through the hardware utility and set the date/time. I then proceeded to use the simple show builder to build my show and write it to the sd card. I put it in the box and the 'R' for LED Status blinks twice and then pauses. Looking in the manual all I can see is it says it's either waiting for a show to start or a trigger. The was sched to start 1 1/2 hrs ago. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.


I am having a similar problem.

But mine is that all but one of my sequences (from last year and one new one) work fine. One sequence (another new one) will not play-either as part of a show (using the hardware utility to write to the SD card) or if it is the only sequence on the card, nothing happens.

I have the schedule set to play all the time (as a test).

At Halloween, some of my sequences would not play-even though they played the year before.

I figure something is "corrupt" with the file-I have tried saving it in a different place with a different name and it still doesn't work.

Any insight is welcome






I FOUND THE PROBLEM.

I tried putting a different media file onto the existing light control and it worked fine. So the problem was with the music file.

So I opened it in Audacity and saved it as a different name and now it plays just fine.

THere must have been some sort of protection on the mp3 file. Even though I paid for it legally through Amazon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...