Light-O-Rama Forums

A thanks to Dan

Guest guest

Dan, I know you are out there someplace.. And I want to thank you. I work part time for a Theme park here in Texas and every year, we string thousands of lights in the trees. I took my boss and showed him the videos on your website, and he got excited about something new to put in the park.

He called HIS boss in. We showed HIM the videos. He asked me what we wanted. I told him that we wanted to start SMALL for the first year. (A single 16 channel controller and we would have been tickled.. )

Before I walked out of his office, we were ordering 4 - 16 channel controllers, 4 ELL units, and cableing for everthing.... (Shiver) and is just the FIRST year... I wonder what next year has in store?

All the equipment was delivered to the park yesterday. I picked it up this morning to carry home to test and work on my musicals. For the past few months, I've been working with the demo editor.

I don't think that I've had ANY computer hardware that installed this easy. All controllers hooked up, powered up, and ran on the first shot with out a single error, problem or headache (other than the one that was caused by sitting in my office in the dark watching 64 strings of Christmas lights flash as I ran through everything that I had written.. over and over and over again. I even plugged in the ELL units and it didn't even hesitate about working with it.

Dan, once again. I thank you for a good, well made product. And I look forward to dealing with you and your company gain..

That's awesome, Brad! I bet the park is going to look awesome!

I can't wait until I can get my LOR. I think I'm going to wait until LOR2 comes out though.

Oh, Brad (or Dan), one question...what is this ELL unit you are talking about?

Edit: Nevermind my question about the ELL unit...I forgot...lol...you are talking about the Easy Light Linker. :laughing:

ShiningBright91 wrote:

I can't wait until I can get my LOR. I think I'm going to wait until LOR2 comes out though.

Don't wait. Please. Anything you learn with LOR 1.5 will help you with LOR II. Your sequences will be usable in the new version.

Don wrote:

Don't wait. Please. Anything you learn with LOR 1.5 will help you with LOR II. Your sequences will be usable in the new version.

This, combined with a) the fact that LOR 2 is a free upgrade to existing users, B) the fact that LOR has sold every year since its inception in early December, with lots of customers left in the queue, ahd c) the fact that LOR 2 has been hinted at being perhaps late November, and perhaps not even making this year, I'd sure buy now and take advantage of LOR I. When LOR II comes it will be easy to switch over.

-Tim

Okay, I guess I will buy LOR1 then...lol

I highly think I won't be able to syncronize my display this year though. :( Maybe only 1 or 2 songs. But, that's still okay bacause by time next year rolls around...my display will be AWESOME! (hopeing, anyway B))

• 2 weeks later...

tfischer wrote:

This, combined with a) the fact that LOR 2 is a free upgrade to existing users, :) the fact that LOR has sold every year since its inception in early December, with lots of customers left in the queue, ahd c) the fact that LOR 2 has been hinted at being perhaps late November, and perhaps not even making this year, I'd sure buy now and take advantage of LOR I. When LOR II comes it will be easy to switch over.

-Tim

Oh lordy.. I hope LOR II comes out soon. one of the things that I've seen that it is suppose to have is an interactive start on it. I have to work my show in around Other performers. I would rather not sit there and baby sit it and run it through the sequence editor every time.. Hard to scedule everything to the second when you are working with people..