Light-O-Rama Forums

channels staying live

Stuart Littlejohn

hi everyone i'm new to this so please bear with me, could anyone please tell me why a channel can go from working absolutey fine to going permenatly live and not switching off this has happened to 4 channels on one controller i'm using low voltage bulbs and was trying out a sequence on my newly formed arches i.ve looked at the control board and there seems to be nothing wrong with it no parts blown or anything please help

many thanks

stuart

hi Ron, thanks for your quick reply, about overloading i only had 200 bulbs on one strand per channel maybe it's our uk power but have got the aussie set up which is the same power as ours ,pardon my ignorance on these matters but woud a DC card mean direct current?? or something else thanks again for your help

stuart

Your post said you had low voltage lights hooked up, I did not know you were in the UK. I just know from past experience, and reading, when the channel is stuck on, it's usually the triac. but you need to find out why? I am not an expert, maybe someone else will chime in on this?

Hi stuart
I had the same problem last year with my LED's I found that there was not enough load on the channel I added a 40w bulb and had no more problems
hope that helps

Richard