Light-O-Rama Forums

Show won't play

Guest guest

OK, I'm all ready to start up a Halloween show - I pugged in two of my decorations into the control to test it out, and.......nothing!

First off, I search to see if anyone else had a similiar problem, and found these threads in September.... http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=7169&forum_id=25&highlight=show+playing , and http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=7244&forum_id=25&highlight=show+playing .

A few questions from reading these:

In Sequence Editor, 'Control Lights' is checked. Does that mean that I can see the lights flashing and such that are hooked up to the controller?

If so, then that's not working - I can't control the lights from the Sequence Editor.

Also, I have seen several comments as to setting up the channels. Is this done in the Hardware Utility or someplace else? And how is it done?

I have done the AutoConfigure and Refresh functions. When I test the channels I have lights on, I can test them fine for all functions - on, shimmer, fade, etc.

Those are my main questions for now. At this point, I'm stuck. While the two above threads seem to be very similiar to my problem, nothing has seemed to have helped.

And, btw, yes, the shows were enabled! And the red led light is solid red.

In fact, the scheduler was acting a little odd also. The show is showing that it should be playing. I would disable it, clear out the show from the scheduler, and it would show the next show would begin at some point in time where there was no show scheduled. Couldn't understand that either.

So, any ideas y'all????

roadnut wrote:

BTW...

Also, I have seen several comments as to setting up the channels. Is this done in the Hardware Utility or someplace else? And how is it done?
If that is done in the LOR box (I have the 02w), then yes, it is set to 01.

I set mine up in the sequencer. I click on one channel at a time and choose Change Channel Settings.

In the dialog box that pops up is where you choose the controller number assigned to your channels, and the circuit number on that controller.

If you don't have these set, or you have them declared wrong, or you connect to the wrong controller, it will not work.

After you setup all your channles, export the channel setup to a file that can be read in by your future sequence files.

Did you properly setup your channels?

Remember, if you set the dials on your controller to be 01 for example, then all your channel settings in the sequencer MUST point to controller 01 or it will not work.

If you put Controller 01 back in the box, and bring outanother controller and hook it up, and it does not have its dial setting to match the channel assignment in sequencer, it will not work.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Yep...that's what the problem appeared to be. Just me again not understanding something. I definitely owe you a lunch or something...next time I'm in Florida! :-)

Awesome!

Always glad to help out. That's the great thing about this forum, there's always someone that has an answer to something at any given time. Lucky for you I had the answer this time!

• 4 weeks later...
:) As I was reading posting, for some reason I knew it would be good for me to hang onto. I have everything ready to go. I set up the show both animated and musical. All my test worked just like Roadnut's. I went through and set up for each channel separately LOR, unit 01, channel 1 ect.

I set up my show and the red light went from a flash to steady at the right time but the lights did not flash and the music did not start. The LOR hardware shows that COM port 4 is in use. Again no show from the lights or speakers.

Should I change out controller? I think it is working and I am doing something wrong in the programing. What steps am I missing?

Thank God this is just a Halloween quicky to make sure I know what I am doing before Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

lightsgonewild wrote:

:) As I was reading posting, for some reason I knew it would be good for me to hang onto. I have everything ready to go. I set up the show both animated and musical. All my test worked just like Roadnut's. I went through and set up for each channel separately LOR, unit 01, channel 1 ect.

I set up my show and the red light went from a flash to steady at the right time but the lights did not flash and the music did not start. The LOR hardware shows that COM port 4 is in use. Again no show from the lights or speakers.

Should I change out controller? I think it is working and I am doing something wrong in the programing. What steps am I missing?

Thank God this is just a Halloween quicky to make sure I know what I am doing before Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Make sure the sequences in your show are set up correctly. Do this by playing them in the Sequence Editor. (Be sure to the "Control Lights" option is on. See the LORWiki under troubleshooting.)

If that's working ... set up the shows. When you have the LOR Control Panel running, open up the Status Window so that you can see what's going on. This will show you if the show is playing or not.

Also, make sure your dial is set properly on your LOR controller, for unit 1, 2, 3, 4., etc.

I have heard in the past where some poeple did not make sure the dial was clicked into place, it was slightly off the detent.

Don,

I went to the status window and noticed that it was on disable. The show works now. Thank you.

Now, I have another problem and I am sure its another easy fix because when it comes to computers I tend to miss the boat quite often. I have lamps set up in my where I am test running before it goes out to the yard. Last night after getting everything set up and the show started on time and went past the time and continued to go. My living room looking like a disco at 1:30 in the morning, I decided to turn the lamps off and let the program play out. This morning, I turned on some lights and the program is still going like the energizer bunny. Now what do I do?

Thank you,

Dennis :D

PS with all the help you have been giving me have you had an opportunity to get your lights up yet!

Jeff,

I did switch the toggle like you said to make sure it was set right... That is good advise. Thank you.

lightsgonewild wrote:

Don,
[...]
This morning, I turned on some lights and the program is still going like the energizer bunny. Now what do I do?
[...]

Sounds like a scheduling issue. When you look at the status window, are the shows still enabled? I'll bet they are. If so, double check your schedule.

Well tonight I hooked up 16 channels and it worked!:waycool: I see I have no rhythm but that is something to work on. I had the animation set to repeat just a few times and that was my problem.

It is nice to know there is a network out there to coach you along. Thank you! It is interesting to see the different types of settings and how they work when you put it all together. I think it is best to give it more time on each setting then I have. It seems to loose its effect if too close. And of course, when we buy LOR we expect to have a show that looks like all of you that have posted yours for our enjoyment. Dive into it and you have a rude awakening, but know that with time, some of us will accomplish what we see. Respect is what the old-timer LOR's deserve. With time and help I will prevail. Thank you again for getting me started.

Dennis