Light-O-Rama Forums

HOLY MOLY! My Best Halloween LOR Animation yet! Black Blade from Blue Oyster Cult

Guest guest

Wow, now I am exhausted and mentally drained. I finally got my new LOR sequence video uploaded for Blue Oyster Cult's awesome 1980 classic "Black Blade". You can see my video for it here on the Halloween section of my site:

http://www.lauderdalechristmas.com/halloween-2006.htm

Black Blade is video #6 in the itemized video table, just click on the blue text link.

I always thought this should be a Halloween song, now I'm the first person to LOR it! Pay special attention to how the pumpkins do the rapid sweeps at the opening of the song, and at key places. This is a very high energy song with complex timing that made it a huge challenge to animate it, taking over 7 hours, but you gotta see this video, it's intense!

I need about a week to recover now. I think this will be my last Halloween LOR animation so I can get started on my 64 channel XMAS LOR animations!

But then again...I keep getting the internal urge to work on one more Halloween sequence: “Don't Fear The Reaper” from Blue Oyster Cult also. And then there's “Godzilla” also from B.O.C….. then there's “Joan Crawford Has Risen From The Grave"....

I'm hoping by this weekend to have my full Halloween setup out on the lawn.

Then over the next week, I'll re-shoot the videos so that instead of the lab setup, you'll see the whole yard with gravestones, fogs, and strobes.

I also plan to master the new videos with my new Pinnacle Studio MediaSuite 10.5 Titanium Edition software that arrived yesterday.

This will create the videos in much more friendlier MP3 format instead of clunky WIndows MEdia WMV from Windows MovieMaker. The audio is distorted slightly in WMV, so I want full fidelity and better effects for my videos.

Got to have perfection befor eyou load it up on YouTube!

Let us know how the Pinnacle works out. I purchased that version several months ago and tried to upgrade on a friends computer and ran into all kinds of problems. I have also read several threads about it being a very problematic version of the software without much help for support.

For those reasons, I have it sitting on my desk, waiting for when I feel like I will have time to troubleshoot because I don't want to be left without any video editing capability. I'm currently using an older version which works just fine for now.

Steve

Nice Job, Jeff!

I'm also interested in how pinnacle works for you, because I had version 9, but it was a HUGE resource hog (even on a really fast dual core machine) and the video would always come out of synch with the music. Now I just use movie maker, and it seems to work the best.

Jeff, sorry, but I disagree with you. I personally like the Ghost Busters show better. Is that the set up you are going to be using, or will it be laid out differently?

Awesome work on it!!

Chris