Light-O-Rama Forums

Top/Favorite Songs

doogy_7

Hi Doogy,

Welcome to the group! You've just joined the greatest group of just-not-right-people on the planet :)

As for fav song.. it's as varied as there are colors in the spectrum.. I have several favorites.. TSO's Christmas Canon Rock, Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas are just a couple..

Why would you want to use someone else's favorite songs?

My favorite songs may not be your favorite songs.

If I don't personally like a song, I don't want to sequence it, because the sequence would suck if I didn't like or "feel" the song.

I may listen to a song for 3 or 4 weeks, trying to visualize in my mind how I want the sequence to look with my display, before I ever sit down at the computer. If I can't do that in my mind, then no matter how much I like the song, it won't be in my show.

I also refuse to use anything from TSO in my shows (I do like their music) simply because everyone else does.

I don't want my shows to be like anyone else, all of my sequences are original to me, do not use shared sequences (In my opinion that's cheating) If I can't sequence it myself, it won't be in my show.

I also edit a lot of my songs so they are around 1 1/2 to 2 minutes each. If a visitor doesn't personally like a song, they may not stay for around for 4 minutes till it finishes.

Just my opinions.

lol............I meant for you guys to steer me in the right direction so I can add a few more songs to my show. I was just looking for a few easy "timing" songs to add to my show. Something that I can spend a few days on and presto!! New Song.

Besides my amazing programming skills will allow me to set the song apart from the rest:)......Being a relay logic man / Plc programmer for 15 years makes this stuff seem easy 2 me

Witch Doctor is a good one. (My grandson's favorite from last year) Pink Floyd is good - (My daughter's and also my personal favorites) How about Wizards? (Sorry John - it's still Sharon's favorite and a crowd favorite.) Or how about taking John's advice - grab a song YOU like... it's your show...

doogy_7 wrote:

I was just looking for a few easy "timing" songs to add to my show. Something that I can spend a few days on and presto!!

My favorites are several "Christmas Dance Party" songs I got from various places. Familiar tune, strong beat, easy to sequence (just use the Beat Wizard and you're almost done!)

I also like Christmas Canon Rock by TSO and All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah. Both still give me chills even though I have now heard them thousands of times.

Interestingly enough, when I have someone comment about last years show, they tell me they liked all of my song choices, but Soldier's Silent Night always brings out the emotion in them. I even had somebody stop by the house this summer and ask about the song.

My favorite this year is I am Santa Claus by Twisted Sister.

Pick a song you like and as they say on Americain Idol "Make it your own!

PaulXmas wrote:

"I am Santa Claus" is the title track on an album by Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio. It is not by Twisted Sister.

On the other hand, the first track from A Twisted Christmas by Twisted Sister is a lovely rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", part of which I used in my display last year.

Steven wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:

"I am Santa Claus" is the title track on an album by Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio. It is not by Twisted Sister.

On the other hand, the first track from A Twisted Christmas by Twisted Sister is a lovely rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", part of which I used in my display last year.

I stand corrected!

My favorite song is the one that makes the person watching my display smile...

or dance on the sidewalk with reckless abandon...

or remember a Christmas memory when they were young...

or makes there eyes tear up for whatever reason...

or makes them a hug a complete stranger (me) and say "Thank You"...

I went with holly jolly christmas, wizards in winter, and it's the most wonderful time of the year.
I went with them because this is my first year and I was able to download other peoples programs, and shrink them down to my 30 channels and customize them without having to try and find the beats.
I'm going to try and add christmas is a time to say I love you by Billy Squire, but not sure if I have the time at this point.

For next year, I'm planing on doing a bob rivers friday night, and YES I am santa claus will be in it!

I'm thinking of putting a black spotlight onto a santa for it :):)

Aloha, just got my first LOR 48 in the mail. Tested and ready to go. All night watching the learning pages. Gets a little confusing. Still researching how to get the music. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Bcspy wrote:

Aloha, just got my first LOR 48 in the mail. Tested and ready to go. All night watching the learning pages. Gets a little confusing. Still researching how to get the music. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Depends what you mean...

if you mean "get the music into LOR"..first you have to have a copy of the song you want to do...either from a CD you have or purchased the song from iTunes (or another seller of mp3's).

If it is an iTunes file, you wil need t convert to an mp3...which you can do with iTunes or a some free software called Audacity (which comes in handy for other things)

If you have the song already on your computer then when you create a "New Sequence", it will ask you which song you want to use..and you just browse for it...

good luck!!

Bcspy wrote:

Depends what you mean...

if you mean "get the music into LOR"..first you have to have a copy of the song you want to do...either from a CD you have or purchased the song from iTunes (or another seller of mp3's).

If it is an iTunes file, you wil need t convert to an mp3...which you can do with iTunes or a some free software called Audacity (which comes in handy for other things)

If you have the song already on your computer then when you create a "New Sequence", it will ask you which song you want to use..and you just browse for it...

good luck!!

Thanks, perfect answer. Sorry newbie question. Big headache from all the reading and researching, I thinking to hard, time is ticking.

jimswinder wrote:

My favorite song is the one that makes the person watching my display smile...

or dance on the sidewalk with reckless abandon...

or remember a Christmas memory when they were young...

or makes there eyes tear up for whatever reason...

or makes them a hug a complete stranger (me) and say "Thank You"...

This is exactly why I do this! This is nothing like the wide eyed kids and adults that sit and watch; come back; tell others and say "Thank you and Merry Christmas".