Light-O-Rama Forums

new member need help

Guest guest

i just got my controller yesterday and was trying to get things up and going. I got the light o rama controller with the mp3 player. i have been trying to follow the instructions that came with the controller but did not get very far. I already have three songs programed, so i was trying to get them to the sd card to run in the controller. i opened up the hardware utility and went to the lor mp3 and then to add sequence but when i selected one of my sequences i got a error message that "there were no light o rama controller events in the file"

i also got another error message " the serial port comm 1 assigned to lor is in use. using the lor control panel disable, make sure that shows are disabled while you run the hardware utility." I don't understand the message or what i need to do i don't have anything running that i know about i havn't got far enough to getting things programed to run.

please can any one help me this is my first year trying to a light show and i am already frustrated i know its just the begining.

i took care of the two previously mentioned problems and wanted to say thanks for the help know i have another error message when i went to mp3 file message read "there was a problem while attempting to create the mp3 show current activity creating file system object error was ActiveX component can't create object" any ideas as to how to get rid of this.

light man 360 wrote:

i also got another error message " the serial port comm 1 assigned to lor is in use. using the lor control panel disable, make sure that shows are disabled while you run the hardware utility." I don't understand the message or what i need to do i don't have anything running that i know about i havn't got far enough to getting things programed to run.

You cannot have your shows enabled when pulling up the Harware Utility. That's why your getting the error. Disable the show and then open the Hardware Utility.

Tom

I have the mp3 model as well. You cannot hook up a computer to a it. The only way to load up the show is to load it up to the sd card and then just put the sd card into the mp3 player.

If you must connect a computer to it, just unplug the short phone cable that is connecting between the mp3 board and the LOR160X board. Then you can control it using the HW utility.