Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Looking for 16 Channel Sequences

fester

If anyone has any 16 Channel sequences they would share with me I would be very appreciative. This is my first year doing this and could use all the help I can get. I was kinda under the impression that the software would kinda help me by putting a mark at each beat so I could mark what channel I want but that does not seem to be the case. Again, any help would be most appreciated.

Take a look at this thread for places to get sequences.

What song are you trying to sequence? You want to make sure your songs are 128kbps files. Check out this PDF from LOR.

Did you use the Beat Wizard? Was there a problem with it running? Most of the time the Beat Wizard does a pretty good job with putting the timings in place. Sometimes, on songs that change musical time (say from 4/4 to 3/4) the Beat Wizard will have some issues with.

Edit: Here's the thread: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum74/21985.html

Sorry!

do the songs have to be 128kbps or can they be better like 192? I tried the beat wizard and it just tells me how many beats like 4 per second....doesnt show me where...maybe I am doing something totally wrong?

They can be better than 128k, but 128k is highly recommended.

After you run the beat wizard look at the bottom of the window. There are options to apply the timings to the sequence, and even place an event every X beats. So, if it's a 4/4 song, you might want to place an event every 4th beat.

Continuing with the 4/4 scenario. An event every 4 beats would give you a mark at the down beat, or the beginning of a whole note. There would be three cells (with timing marks) that would be there as well. This would give you the 4 beats in the measure.

Fester; check your private messages.

Are you aware of the beat wizard? Look at the bottom of the tools drop down menu. This is the tool that will put a mark at each beat. You will have to play with some to get the hang of it.

The Tapper wizard is similar, but you add the marks by hitting a key on the beats you want a mark for.

Also, you can have more than one set of timing marks on a single sequence. So for example you can use the beat wizard for the overall beat, and then the tapper wizard to get just the drums (or what ever instrument you want). On the edit drop down menu under timings then switch timing grids will let you create a grid, or switch to a grid you have already created.

The software is very powerful, and will take some time to get use to using. I have been at this for 2 years and I learn new tricks and ways to do things all the time.

Have fun, email me if you want any of my 16 channel sequences

Bruce

thank you all for your help, I am starting to get the hang of it now and hopefully I can help someone else out in the future. I downloaded Audicity and I am converting all the songs to the 128 kbits. Again, thank you all for your help.