Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602W

Guest guest

wondering if on the LOR1602W are all the commons basicaly all one (hook up all together) and then separate on the pc board going out to each channel, or are they completely separate through out board to each channels.

I do believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong) the LOR 1602W has a CTB16D board inside and on the CTB16D board all of the commons are electrically the same, the switching is done on the hot side.

Bill

thanks trying to figure out how to get more channels out of the controller. Plan on running hot to two different colors on a mega tree with using a relay with a another channel to switch the commons.

jbone64 wrote:

thanks trying to figure out how to get more channels out of the controller. Plan on running hot to two different colors on a mega tree with using a relay with a another channel to switch the commons.

At first I was trying to figure out what it was you were trying to do, but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made, and now I am thinking it is a pretty good idea. By switching the commons one could have the hots wired to several different colors and actually get the effect of more channels.

Well done my friend

Bill