Light-O-Rama Forums

1 Channels partial on

redsea300

I put out my new 1602w last weekend. We ran a test that night. On one of the boxes channel 13 is partially on. I would say it is running at 5-10% power all the time. Even when my computer is off and the box is in standby mode. The one section of light is on very low. When you run a song the section lights properly but return to a low output when it should be off. Any ideas. Should i ship it back and swap it with my only spare or do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Tonight I will put a mete on it to see what the voltage is on the one channel.
Thanks for any help
Don C.

LED lights? Check that the hot and neural to the controller is not backwards. Also try plugging a string of mini lights in with it, and see if that makes any change.

Hot and neutral are ok. I checked voltage. Computer not hooked to controller, led flashing(standby mode). All channels have between 3-10 volts. Channel 13 has 49 volts. I guess it is time to get a hold of lor.

redsea300 wrote:

Hot and neutral are ok. I checked voltage. Computer not hooked to controller, led flashing(standby mode). All channels have between 3-10 volts. Channel 13 has 49 volts. I guess it is time to get a hold of

It sounds like a triac that has one side failed on. Put in a trouble ticket and we will take care of it.

Dan