Light-O-Rama Forums

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Guest guest

Having a blonde moment....or perhaps a grey one! :laughing: I asked a couple similar question/s the other day, but I think that these may be a little different! I think I have figured out the answers to some of my questions, but let me know!
Well, I hope I havent lost it completely...

1. Some of the siequences I imported show only their file name in the blue bar on the top of the page. Others show the entire pathway. How can I change them all to show only the file name NOT the pathway?
  2. FILE DIRECTORYof LOR? I have added some subdirectories and moved some stuff before I knew what I was doing and now cant remember how its "supposed" to be! I think the correct answer may be there are 2 sub directories are titled "AUDIO" (which holds the music files) & "SEQUENCES" that hold the ".lms" / ".las" files (musical siequences and audio sequences) and ".bak" (backup files)
  3. I want to make a standard channel layout AND "view animation" file that can be used from one song to the next. What order do I do this, or does it matter? What do I name it or does it name itself? I remember it has to do with import/export; but somethings not making sence to me when I read the user manuel/directions.
  4. I have also found ".lcc" files. I think the files for #3, but where do they go???

Thats all for now!

Thanks!

Kathy

Well I can answer one of your questions! But I am not near my LOR computer so maybe someone else will chime in about #1 and #2.

But for #3, the .lcc files can go anywhere you want. There has never been a directory for them, and LOR doesn't need them in a special place. Just put them someone so you know where they are. Then when you import one, you just have to navigate to the directory you put them in. I imagine most people put them in the sequences folder with the sequences.

Some of the siequences I imported show only their file name in the blue bar on the top of the page. Others show the entire pathway. How can I change them all to show only the file name NOT the pathway?

Don’t have an answer for this one.

FILE DIRECTORY of LOR? I have added some subdirectories and moved some stuff before I knew what I was doing and now cant remember how its "supposed" to be! I think the correct answer may be there are 2 sub directories are titled "AUDIO" (which holds the music files) & "SEQUENCES" that hold the ".lms" / ".las" files (musical sequences and audio sequences) and ".bak" (backup files)

I place all audio, sequences AND channel settings in C:LOR. One day I found myself clicking my life away going from deep down in one folder up and over to the next and then said "This is a ridiculous waste of time". Since I am dealing with a relatively small quantity of audio and sequence files (approx 100 total), I named the audio and sequence files with the exact same name except for the suffix .wav, lms, las. With this little folder location change, life is much more simple and efficient now. Definitely much less frustrating!

I want to make a standard channel layout AND "view animation" file that can be used from one song to the next. What order do I do this, or does it matter? What do I name it or does it name itself? I remember it has to do with import/export; but some things are not making sense to me when I read the user manual/directions.

Suggest you define your channels and configuration before sequencing. If you have started sequencing it’s OK too.

Spend the time to detail each and every channel with name, color, device type, unit, etc. Also spend the time to draft an animation view, this is also very important. These steps are done only one time, are reused over and over and are a very necessary time investment.

Start a new sequence, RIGHT CLICK ON Channel 1 - CHANGE CHANNEL SETTINGS - input your display characteristics. Do this for every channel in your system. Draw your animation view. Save this blank with any name, like "temporary". Now EDIT - EXPORT CHANNEL SETTINGS. Save this .lcc file with a name like LOR MASTER CHANNELS. Delete your "temporary" file.

Now you are ready to start sequencing. FILE - NEW - start a musical or animated sequence.

Once you have a blank sequence started, EDIT - IMPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION load in LOR MASTER CHANNELS.lcc and wa-la! The really hard work is done. Happy sequencing!

If you have a channel configuration completed in an existing sequence, load the sequence then click, EDIT - EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION to make LOR MASTER CHANNELS.lcc

I have also found ".lcc" files. I think the files for #3, but where do they go???

.lcc is the master channel configuration. Like above, C:LOR works very well for me.

A couple more tips for naming your configuration file.

I like to put a couple details in my name to know what it is.
2006 christmas 48ch.llc
or
2006 halloween 16ch.llc

This way you will know which configuration you need to grab and also you can go back to get an older one if you need to.

I think by default, they will store in the seuquences folder.

1. Some of the sequences I imported show only their file name in the blue bar on the top of the page. Others show the entire pathway. How can I change them all to show only the file name NOT the pathway?

The default installation of LOR would place the contents in c:program fileslight-o-rama - There you would find the 'audio' and 'sequences' directories. (There are others, but these are not important right now.) Any file that you open that is *not* in the sequences directory of the default installation will have the path name at the top. The only way around this is to move the sequence into the 'sequences' directories. (Techies: You can do a registry edit and change the default path. Useful for year 2, 3, etc.)
2. FILE DIRECTORYof LOR? I have added some subdirectories and moved some stuff before I knew what I was doing and now cant remember how its "supposed" to be! I think the correct answer may be there are 2 sub directories are titled "AUDIO" (which holds the music files) & "SEQUENCES" that hold the ".lms" / ".las" files (musical sequences and audio sequences) and ".bak" (backup files)

See above. The Sequences and Audio directory need to be there. (Again, in a default configuration, which I bet you have.)

3. I want to make a standard channel layout AND "view animation" file that can be used from one song to the next. What order do I do this, or does it matter? What do I name it or does it name itself? I remember it has to do with import/export; but somethings not making sence to me when I read the user manuel/directions.

Someone else answered this. Let us know if you need more help.

4. I have also found ".lcc" files. I think the files for #3, but where do they go???

Again, someone has it correct. You can place them anywhere you want. Would be easiest to leave them in your sequences directory.

:waycool:Ahhhh, All is back to right in my little kingdom! (for this 5 minutes) THANK YOU!

• FILES ARE IN A PLACE FOR A REASON! Moving my files back to their "homes" automatically put the right name on the blue bar!
  • SEQUENCE FILES: Both animated/music AND the animation files belong here
  • MUSIC FILES: change MP3 to WAV files (so the timing doesnt mess up)

Now that I have put my toy back together, I can finally play with it!!! Yeah!!! My project for today: creating a standard channel layout AND "view animation" file! So, I'm sure I will be back!

Kathy

A little knowledge....a little electricity.....you do the math! :laughing: