Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Shutdown sequence?

darrenv

I've always run shows from laptops. I've also dealt with the occasional Microsoft issue while running a show from said laptops. This year I thought I'd give the DC-MP3 way of life a try.

I like the shutdown sequence capability of the show editor - but I don't see this option in the Hardware utility for the DC-MP3? I see a startup sequence function, but no shutdown... seems on to have one and not the other.

Am I missing something? I really like the shutdown sequence allowing me to make a soft ending to the show every night rather than an abrupt ending.

-D.

There isn't a shutdown option on the show but there is a way to do this....

Schedule your first show with the startup sequence and have it run until time X... We will make X 10:00 PM for this example.

Create a second show and put your shutdown sequence in that show and have it start at 10:00PM and have it run for the length of the Longest Sequence in the main show PLUS the length of the shutdown sequence. Set this second show to "Play through Showlist one time only" That way the shutdown sequence will only play once.

Dan

Ahhhh - yes, with a little more thinking I suppose that might have popped into my little head eventually. Thanks for saving me all those months ;)

Thanks Dan